Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Just remember no one ever said making a mod would be easy. Hell I started making a simple reskin, or so I thought. Then my wife and I has a Son, then we moved, and then, and then ... Life happens, throw in computer failures, and other unforeseen events and a simple mod can become quite complex. Then you have to look at one other aspect. Everyone makes a mod for a different reason, therefore their units, details reflect that.

Example;

THE New York Mod: Not a lot to say about them. They were the first ones on the block, but they had one goal in mind. Create a game with the type of depth and immersion no one has ever seen. Have they achieved that? Probably, but look how long they have worked on that mod to get it to where it is now

The New York Mod: (Mikey and Company): Not sure why they wanted to create a NY Mod, why not though? They did a pretty good job. People aren't as pleased with it (at the moment), but that doesn't make it bad. People have different taste, I've played it and it's pretty good. Once again though, they put years into that mod's creation.

The NY Mod: You!: From that start this was a "Hold Over" mod, you said it yourself. The only problem with that was it's popularity. I'm sure at the time no one could have accurately gauged how popular this mod would become, and how fast it would become as popular as it did. You went from making simple reskins to realistic units. Then you even went the extra step and started working on the map too. However, and this is the good part. Look at how much time you've put into this, and your team. You've spent less then a year working on this mod, and most of it was done solely but yourself. Yeah .. You had help but we'd still be at the loading screen if we were waiting on your help to come through.

Big picture, for now it appears every NY Mod has accomplished what they set out to do, and more. Since the TRUE NY Mod is on hold for now your mod has that extra fire in it because of the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into it. I'd say now is the time to tone out the other mods and do what you think is right for this mod. Instead of making large improvements work on one small piece at a time. Who cares if it's New York Submod V24.1.0 as long as it's working you have nothing to be ashamed of.

And this is why I do it, for the small buzz from the community when I release and people give C&C, but yeah work has never stopped, re-doing all the work currently, I'll release a 2.3.1 patch within about 2 weeks.. :)

Dyson

x

Small update then, seens as no matter where I choose in NYC someone will have covered it, I have decided to go back to the firehouse I originally chose, e207 and l110 from brooklyn, so check them out (I'll upload them in a minute)

EDIT:

E207 and L110

C&C? :)

Dyson

Ouch - Thats a warning for you from the mods =0

Seriously though, I need that tape =3 - I'm offering to pay =3

Well it's not ready yet, I don't want money, I want to make it stable first.

On the ladder, the little rotatory on the right should be red

It is?

You will be recieving a donation from me regardless =]

PS: If you wonder who half the thread views of this topic have gone, they have gone to me - even though I don't post much. =]

Wish you could hear yourself. Lol.

-

on topic: Great job Dyson :) Ive been watching since you first started with the submod and youve come a long way. I'm very excited for V3.0.0

keep up the good work bro, but remember, real life is more important :)

Wish you could hear yourself. Lol.

-

on topic: Great job Dyson :) Ive been watching since you first started with the submod and youve come a long way. I'm very excited for V3.0.0

keep up the good work bro, but remember, real life is more important :)

Thanks man, yeah I never let it, just takes the piss, when you have to start again haha, ah well,trying to make everything look better than before, what would you like to see improved or the latest versions of? E.g the new fbi units look different but I've never posted anything so just let me know what you all wanna see haha :)

The original NY mod has decided they want to use the engine trucks from this submod, so they have contacted the author of the model, so now by some weird circumstance I'm apparently no longer 'legally' allowed to use those models anymore, I mean ffs, really takes the piss.

So yeah guys watch out for these models in the never released NY mod (if it ever comes out) as unfortunately I cannot publicly release these units) :|

Dyson

The original NY mod has decided they want to use the engine trucks from this submod, so they have contacted the author of the model, so now by some weird circumstance I'm apparently no longer 'legally' allowed to use those models anymore, I mean ffs, really takes the piss.

So yeah guys watch out for these models in the never released NY mod (if it ever comes out) as unfortunately I cannot publicly release these units) :|

Dyson

Don't sweat it Dyson, that mod ain't never coming out.

In response to the comment about the revoked engines, what we said was that we don't want to use a model if another mod is using the same model for the same city, just with a different number on it. The author then chose to withdraw his permission from the model due to that and other reasons. We will be releasing more mod versions, so this isn't anything to do with the german new york mod. They do everything on their own, no outside models as far as I know..

And in regards to the not legally allowed to use it, techincally, since you didn't make it, and he isn't giving you permission, you can't use it, under intellectual property copy rights. And even if they aren't being enforced by law enforcement agencies, we do enforce those here, where if you use something you didn't make, it needs credit given and also permission given.

Just figured I'd answer some questions

In response to the comment about the revoked engines, what we said was that we don't want to use a model if another mod is using the same model for the same city, just with a different number on it. The author then chose to withdraw his permission from the model due to that and other reasons. We will be releasing more mod versions, so this isn't anything to do with the german new york mod. They do everything on their own, no outside models as far as I know..

And in regards to the not legally allowed to use it, techincally, since you didn't make it, and he isn't giving you permission, you can't use it, under intellectual property copy rights. And even if they aren't being enforced by law enforcement agencies, we do enforce those here, where if you use something you didn't make, it needs credit given and also permission given.

Just figured I'd answer some questions

Thanks for clearing that up, all I got from hellijumper is: I made this engine for another mod not yours, please remove it... so I was rather confused.