Hoppah

I'm going to stop modding.

Hi Hoppah,

I have only just read the news and must say, that it is a sad day in the EM4 community.

5 years is a long time to devote to a single ongoing project, particularly with the passion and flair that you have shown in the LA mod series. I would like to start by saying thankyou for all your hard work and inspiration to others. It is truly amazing, what you have achieved with this mod. Add to that the inspiration that you have provided to others, to explore their own ideas and see them through to creation. The whole EM4 community (and the game itself), is so much better for the work that you have done. Your mods will be a lasting legacy and will live on always. They will be the benchmark by which other mods will be judged - and deservedly so.

I am very happy to hear that you will be continuing with the forum, so that your knowledge and insight can help others. i am sure that is greatly appreciated by all. The forum would surely not be the same without your posts cropping up. Also, your generosity in allowing your work to be used by others - thank you sooo much.

I would like to finish up by wishing you all the very best for your future projects, particularly the one called "LIFE". May you be as successful in that (if not more), as you have been with your LA Mod.

With Kindest Regards - and heaps of Respect

Shane

Yes i mean that one :P

I give it a try :) oh and to own it for the submod of maybe me and xplorer

I think you under estimate how much a domain is worth....

You toss up a couple stacks of hundreds on the counter and he may change his mind... Else wise I'm sure he'll continue to maintain it being active because it helps drive profit to this site.

It's sad that you stop but I can understand it very well. I just wanted to thank you for the great LA mod. But also a lot of thanks for you're explanation ones how to open your skins years ago (if you remember, I do^^) and for the tutorial to change the helmets of people and of course the 3D modding tutorial. Without taht I wouldn't be able to mod like I do now.

So a big Thank You

Mvg

Firequi

Well, I dont know what to say. Hoppah, you alone have created one of the greatest mods I have ever seen. I know I speak for many people when I say, you helped make emergency 4 what it is today. And I thank you for that. Im sad to hear that you dont care about your creations anymore though, you should be proud of them. I hope to see you around, and thanks for all youve done.

Kind regards,

Jab16

I really agree on that one!!

Thank so much for the great work you have done Hoppah :12:

Guest egghead935677

Thank you Hoppah for everything you have done for emergency 4 and i have to say your mod is the best one out there. :holdglass: I have got hours of enjoyment out of your los angeles mod and i am sad to see you go. :1046276372_bawling:

Guest emergency captain

This is a tradegy. But thank you Hoppah. Your mod will be remembered for the ages to come. :1046276372_bawling: (Sorry, Did'nt mean to make it sound like a funeral.) With your secondary permission, I'd like to use some of the models and buildings for my Utica Mod. I am learning. (SLOWLY) :juggle:

My hat's off to you for such an excellent mod. Thanks for being one of the key people in making this game a classic.

P.S...you never did make my LA County Engine, ya lazy bastard!

All kidding aside, thank you for all the work. I hope to see you come back sometime after a much deserved break. Take care, Hoppah.

It's not really complicated. As you might know you can open these v3o files with WordPad. The lines starting with a D have 12 digits after the D seperated by comma's. To make sure Zmodeler2 couldn't import them (yeah, I was a mean bastard, I know) I only removed the final digit of one or more of these lines starting with a D. To find out which line(s), simple copy all lines starting with D and paste them into an Excel sheet. Use the 'Text to Columns' to seperate the values to columns. Now check the 13th column and make sure every line consists of 13 values (D + 12 digits).

Thanks Hoopah, I didnt understand this at first but i got it now!

Hi Hoppah,

I am really sad about this unexpected message. :cry:

Secretly I hope, when Emergency 2012 comes out, you will say: "Pfff, surely I can do better then that..." And than, a huge door will open to challenge your thougts and, before you know it, you'll be ONE BUNDLE OF MOTIVATION to make that all happen again... and turn it into a mission! :schreiben:;) And maybe, it turns out that "modding" turned into a "virus" that infected your blood and refuses to get killed - no matter what the cure... :s:onceldoc:

Nevertheless, I just need to stand in line and join the group of "admirers of your work of art" and say thank you very (!!) much for all your efforts to improve my "First responders 911"-game over the years. :12:

Robert

Hi Hoppah,

I am really sad about this unexpected message. :cry:

Secretly I hope, when Emergency 2012 comes out, you will say: "Pfff, surely I can do better then that..." And than, a huge door will open to challenge your thougts and, before you know it, you'll be ONE BUNDLE OF MOTIVATION to make that all happen again... and turn it into a mission! :schreiben:;) And maybe, it turns out that "modding" turned into a "virus" that infected your blood and refuses to get killed - no matter what the cure... :s:onceldoc:

Nevertheless, I just need to stand in line and join the group of "admirers of your work of art" and say thank you very (!!) much for all your efforts to improve my "First responders 911"-game over the years. :12:

Robert

well spoken, I agree 100%

i have to agree with the people here... A very sad day in EM moding indeed. From all of the mods i played LA mod was by far the best. It had the best maps, the best vehicles and also the best moding team. I will certainly pray that you do not stop moding... i too am trying to translate the LA mod to my native language but it's been difficult to say the least... i'm trying to translate everything to portuguese... but i'm doing it solo... so Hoppah please let this translation (if i complete it) be my farewell gift ...