Hoppah

I'm going to stop modding.

I have some very bad and good news.

The bad news

I am going to stop modding for the time being. The main reason is that I lack the motivation to continue the Los Angeles Mod at this time. I don't know I'm going to stop permanantly. That depends on what Emergency 2012 is going to offer. Anyway, some background information: I started creating the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 back in 2005. That mod quickly grew out to one of the most popular mods for this game. As soon Emergency 4 was released I abondoned the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 and started to make the same Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4. The very first version of that mod was released on August 26, 2006. The Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4 became even more popular, with a huge fanbase and 100.000s of downloads.

I am NOT going to leave the forums. I will remain active here and see what I can do to help people regarding modding and support the moderator-team.

The good news

Because I honestly don't really care about my creations anywmore, people are allowed to take, change and release whatever they want from the Los Angeles Mod and my other mods. Just make sure you don't just take models made by other people than me. And remember: this doesn't mean you can steal my or other peoples models! When you take something, make sure to check who made it. Get permission from the original authors if necessary. Hereby, you only have my permission to take my models. Consult the last page of the Los Angeles Mod manual for a full list of authors of other models. The only other thing I ask from you need is to mention my nickname when you take something. For example: 'Original model by Hoppah'. Hopefully, this will keep the forums more active and will motivate people to start a new mod. Read the Copright topic for more and detailed information.

I want to thank all the people who contributed to the mod and all the fans who loved playing the Los Angeles mod.

Hoppah

To bad:

That you are going to stop modding(straight or way or later on)

You made one of the best mods i have ever played(and never got bored of)

Thank you:

For all the work, time and effort you placed in it.

As well for what you are offering the people on the forum now.

And of-course for the help you can provide here on the forum.

Take care :gut:

:1046276372_bawling:

I couldn't see where LA mod for EM4 could be developed further anyway.

And releasing your models may give other US mods a chance and a huge head start. What you have done is probably changed how mods are made on here and will probably see an increase in smaller US mods.

A sad day in Emergency Modding History... Your works will be missed & at the same time put to good use! Glad to read that your going to at least stick around in the forums to share your wisdom! Lets all hope that 2012 will be motivation for your prompt return to Modding!!! :cheers: To the things you've shared with us for the last 5 years!

Guest NicholasKovach

Thank You for everything Hoppah.

Your work has given countless hours of enjoyment playing Em3&4.

Enjoy your time off from modeling, you certainly deserve as long a break as you wish to take.

---MCERT1

Wow sucks to hear you abandon the mod, but I hope we can see you return to work for EM5 pushing the boundaries of what we think are impossible in the game as you have for EM4.

Good to see your not leaving and hopefully you can help me, and others out, on some little things.

Thank you for the creation Hoppah ive greatly enjoyed your mod (its all i play in em4 now) its sad that youve ended work on it but the reasons you have is understandable

lets all hope that 2012 brings new features that will inspire the next version of la mod

Hoppah, you deserve this break from modding. Thanks so much for all of the work you have put into the LA Mod for the past 5 years, and all of the help, support, and assistance with us on the LA Mod forum. Assuming Emergency 2012 will be fairly mod-friendly, I look forward to seeing a mod from you at some point (Of course, if you want to continue the LA Mod into EM 2012). Thanks again Hoppah, and good luck on your future endeavors.

Well, I dont know what to say. Hoppah, you alone have created one of the greatest mods I have ever seen. I know I speak for many people when I say, you helped make emergency 4 what it is today. And I thank you for that. Im sad to hear that you dont care about your creations anymore though, you should be proud of them. I hope to see you around, and thanks for all youve done.

Kind regards,

Jab16

Guest seanny

I have some very bad and good news.

The bad news

I am going to stop modding for the time being. The main reason is that I lack the motivation to continue the Los Angeles Mod at this time. I don't know I'm going to stop permanantly. That depends on what Emergency 2012 is going to offer. Anyway, some background information: I started creating the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 back in 2005. That mod quickly grew out to one of the most popular mods for this game. As soon Emergency 4 was released I abondoned the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 and started to make the same Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4. The very first version of that mod was released on August 26, 2006. The Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4 became even more popular, with a huge fanbase and 100.000s of downloads.

I am NOT going to leave the forums. I will remain active here and see what I can do to help people regarding modding and support the moderator-team.

The good news

Because I honestly don't really care about my creations anywmore, people are allowed to take, change and release whatever they want from the Los Angeles Mod. Just make sure you don't just take models made by other people than me. And remember: this doesn't mean you can steal my or other peoples models! When you take something, make sure to check who made it. Get permission from the original authors if necessary. Hereby, you only have my permission to take my models. Consult the last page of the Los Angeles Mod manual for a full list of authors of other models. The only other thing I ask from you need is to mention my nickname when you take something. For example: 'Original model by Hoppah'. Hopefully, this will keep the forums more active and will motivate people to start a new mod. Read the Copright topic for more and detailed information.

I want to thank all the people who contributed to the mod and all the fans who loved playing the Los Angeles mod.

Hoppah

You were the best a modding :(

Guest nbrown8568

Well, I dont know what to say. Hoppah, you alone have created one of the greatest mods I have ever seen. I know I speak for many people when I say, you helped make emergency 4 what it is today. And I thank you for that. Im sad to hear that you dont care about your creations anymore though, you should be proud of them. I hope to see you around, and thanks for all youve done.

Kind regards,

Jab16

I agree. I don't post much, and I have not played long, but Hoppah you have really made this game the one that I play more than any game I own or play. I want to thank you.

Norm,

You made to me the game interesting. I wouldn't play the game if the LA mod wouldn't exist.

You made a great work and you helped a lot this community

Thanks , never forget you were really important for this community!

Greetings , Ale

I actually found 911 FR through vids of the LA MOD! :wub: It makes the game 100x better! I don't see what could be done to make the mod better, so I don't see any reason why to not stop eventually. You're mod is beast and will live on in the hearts of EM4/911FR players forever! :cheers:Thanks Hoppah! :1046276057_GroupHug:

-TacticalRooster22

Bitter Sweet. You've created such a magnificent mod. I love the LA Mod, not really into the European based emergency vehicles so Emergency 2012 doesn't really call to me. It sucks your retiring, but you DO deserve a break from all you've done. I know I suck at creating mods, but hopefully some of the other modders will step up.

I have loads of respect for you as a modder and person Hoppah, I enjoyed every single second with the LA mod and I actually bought the game because I saw videos of the mod. Your mod is a big encouragement to other modders and something they can look up to. I'm sure that we're all hoping that you'll eventually return and make more amazing mods :)

People i do have an idea, maybe we could take the LA mod from Hoppah and make a team that will make new updates for the LA mod! But Hoppah Needs first to agree :) and then u can still play the new updates of the LA mod. I do really like the LA mod (actually its my favorit mod)

Guest krst6954

Thanks Hoppah for everything you did for emergency game. Without your help, time and knowledge this game would not be what it is now. Sincere thanks and sorry for English

Well guys, keep in mind that there are more mods coming out that could be just as good as the LA MOD. This isn't the end of EM4. :)

The only one worth mentioning is the NY Mod imo, just because I dont care much for non US Based mods. But hopefully thats enough to keep us busy while EM5 Mods are made(hopefully).

Hoppah cant add much to whats been said. The LA Mod is the only thing that keeps me playing EM4. I was wondering, since your pretty much done with the project, and your more or less removing the copyrights would you consider sharing your map textures for the new freeplay map and the old deluxe freeplay map? I would prefer the old deluxe map if any, as it would make one of submod projects much easier.

People i do have an idea, maybe we could take the LA mod from Hoppah and make a team that will make new updates for the LA mod! But Hoppah Needs first to agree :) and then u can still play the new updates of the LA mod. I do really like the LA mod (actually its my favorit mod)

You are free to make updates yourself. Some submods can be count as updates. There just won't any official updates made by me anymore.

Hoppah cant add much to whats been said. The LA Mod is the only thing that keeps me playing EM4. I was wondering, since your pretty much done with the project, and your more or less removing the copyrights would you consider sharing your map textures for the new freeplay map and the old deluxe freeplay map? I would prefer the old deluxe map if any, as it would make one of submod projects much easier.

u ungrateful bastard. i give u mod. let u customize it. and claim u did sumptin useful. and u want more. always with wanting more Just kidding ofcourse.

That's a good idea. I should have the map files somewhere. :)