CultziBolzi

[EDITOR HELP] Editor crashes when importing texture

Hello i have some questions about EM4 Editor, the questions are:

• What is dialog editor?
  • How to import new map texture?
  • How to add like fires in map?
  • How to add patrol patch like in la mod
  • How to do new spawn for ambulances etc.
  • How to do animated starting like in Mission 1?
  • How to do collapsing things like, the top of church collapsing on persons in mission 1
  • How to make cars moving in my new map?
  • How to add persons in slicedable cars?
    There was few questions, thanks in advice, hope someone can help me! :)

1. Dunno, I never really figured out what the Dialog Editor does either, but I don't really think it's used/needed that much.

2. Save the map as a .tga in the Maps folder, then rename it to an .eft and go to Maps - Load Texture - Import. I can't remember if that's the right process to getting the BRAND new texture in, but just for a default texture, the second part is right.

3. When an object is selected, press Properties in the bottom left hand corner and the add whatever of the "Fires" you'd like (through the Fire select on the bottom slightly to the right of the middle of the UI). Fire Objects can also be used to help influence the spread of the fire.

4. Not sure what you mean - do you mean like the patrol script? If so, you'd have to make Paths for the units to follow then edit the patrol script.

5. Add a spawn point (through the Map Properties) for the type RW where you want.

6. With cutscenes. You have to set camera 'locations' and then use a mission script to make them work.

7. Again, with mission scripts to make the objects (that you put in, set up, and name) fall.

8. By making Paths and Streets. Add Spawn Points to the map and add cars/people to them and tell them what Path to follow. Through the Path options menu you can set speed, what type of path (forward, loop, ping-pong, etc.)

9. Name the car what you want (unless you're doing it for Freeplay, because then the names/process are/is more specific) something like accident_01. Then name the person (who should be lying next to the car)you want inside like paccident_01. I don't remember if it's the name alone or you have to use the car's properties to select what person to be in the car (I believe the latter in non-Freeplay situations) but make sure the vehicle you use is a Wreck_sliceable or it won't work.

2. Save the map as a .tga in the Maps folder, then rename it to an .eft and go to Maps - Load Texture - Import. I can't remember if that's the right process to getting the BRAND new texture in, but just for a default texture, the second part is right.

Where should that be done?

Thanks eggcarton :P i dont know anythin about editor...

Now i found answer for lots of my problems....

Quoted from editor manual:

LOADING GROUND TEXTURE

For this you use the function “pack file… in the “Modifications”

menu.

In this dialog you choose the ACSII model file you want to pack into binary file.

The packed file overwrites the ASCII file.

3. Edit the terrain

3.1. Loading ground textures

There are 2 possibilities to use terrain textures, at first you can load your own

textures or you can reuse existing terrain textures.

3.1.1. Using existing terrain textures

Under „Edit / Terrain“ (function key F2) you can load existing terrain textures, as

described in the following steps.

- Floor / Load texture (as shown in pic. 3.1.1)

- right: doubleclick on „maps“

- left: i.e. select „m01.eft“

- click „OK“

-----

3.1.2. Loading your own terrain texture

For creating our own texture maps use image editing software of your choice.

In order to import this texture into the editor you have to watch the following

conditions.

The size of the texture must be a multiply of 512 pixel in width and height

The texture must be stored as a 24 bit TGA file

The texture can’t be larger than 8192 x 9192 pixel

scale: 1 meter is equal to 12,5 Pixel. According to this the maximum width or

height can be 655,36m.

Your own created terrain texture can be imported by entering the „Edit / Terrain“-

Mode (function key F2):

choose „Floor“ -> „Import texture“

right: choose the directory, in which you stored your TGA-Texture

left: select your TGA-file, i.e. „example.tga“

click „OK“ (as shown in pic. 3.1.2a)

Download editor manual for em4 here, theres answers to all questions about em4 editor it really helps.

I Have new problem, always when i try to import my new map, it just crashes. always, yesterday i tried to import Flohs map, and it worked, but now when i try to ****** import my new map it just .... crashes. it is pissing me off now, does anyone know any solution? im using photoshop 7. Then i tried other way, import floor, t hen the editor ruins about too big heighmap, only 520x520 is allowed wtf!

only 520x520 is allowed wtf!

Read the directions again:

The size of the texture must be a multiply of 512 pixel in width and height.

Now I suck at math but if you want to go over 512, you would have to go up to 1024x1024 i believe.

512*1=512

512*2=1024

Make sure you choose 24 bit, and make sure you do not check the compress box.

No problem, fyi, when the editor crashes like that when importing a texture, it usually means you did something wrong when you saved the TGA file. Make sure to keep a copy of the PSD for changing because once you get the tga file into EFT format there is no way to edit it so you have to edit the psd or tga file, then save to tga, and import the TGA.