JAJA501

em3 la mod freeplay never ending game

I'm just now jumping back into EM3 after about 10 years hiatus. I was very disappointed with the EM3 Freeplay, and the endless number of unresolvable events. The AI seemed to send an event like every 30 seconds. And the fires were the worst requiring the most attention.

My question is have there been any mods to reduce the event timer or adjust the resolution play? I'm a slow player and like to enjoy the dynamics of the game, and not worry about a specific time or completing specific missions. But the freeplay just frustrates me with the endless need for events, not accepting your limited funds, and the AI just walking into fires. It keeps you on your toes, but I would hope that the problem was recognized by now.

Any ideas?

On 1/10/2016 at 9:04 PM, Aqeel Karim said:

I'm just now jumping back into EM3 after about 10 years hiatus. I was very disappointed with the EM3 Freeplay, and the endless number of unresolvable events. The AI seemed to send an event like every 30 seconds. And the fires were the worst requiring the most attention.

My question is have there been any mods to reduce the event timer or adjust the resolution play? I'm a slow player and like to enjoy the dynamics of the game, and not worry about a specific time or completing specific missions. But the freeplay just frustrates me with the endless need for events, not accepting your limited funds, and the AI just walking into fires. It keeps you on your toes, but I would hope that the problem was recognized by now.

Any ideas?

You can edit the Freeplay parameters file located at Program Files/Emergency 3/Data/Specs/freeplayparameters. Once there, you can not only alter the frequency of all freeplay events, you can choose which ones you want more often.