swatlord

911 call center

If I'm understand you correctly, this call center will replace flowing dispatch system in Emergency 4 with new modern and realistic?

No, my finished product will replace the current supervisor with new audio and possibly video.

Sorry to be away so long. I've been on active duty and haven't been able to get much free time. Not to mention the internet in my BOQ's is :machkaputt: I'm coming off of orders soon and will more than likely pick this back up again.

Once again, anyone interested in doing voices, I still need a bunch more people.

That sounds like the best idea ever cause i totally agree that the player is a more of a dispacher then a supervisor but then again you do move units and tell them what to do and in real life a dispacther whouldnt do that the units would communicate threw ther own communication so.. that is a negative to the real life aspect of it.

Well it isnt abnormal for the press to release 911 calls as I recall they were playing 911 calls from that office shooting the other day. That would make me think radio transmissions would fall under public domain to.

911 calls, after they are considered to not have evidence, are usually released to the press. As for what the press does with them, they can pretty much play them on TV, Radio, etc if they aren't violent, contain something that may be harmful to viewers, etc. Those will be (Usually) put up on a website.

As for radio transmissions, as long as they are on a public frequency, they are able to be used. All of that depends on the state, however. I know MN has restrictions on scanners, as do other states I'm sure.

aren't real 911 calls public domain

911 calls, after they are considered to not have evidence, are usually released to the press. As for what the press does with them, they can pretty much play them on TV, Radio, etc if they aren't violent, contain something that may be harmful to viewers, etc. Those will be (Usually) put up on a website.

As for radio transmissions, as long as they are on a public frequency, they are able to be used. All of that depends on the state, however. I know MN has restrictions on scanners, as do other states I'm sure.

What does it matter? I'm not using ACTUAL 911 calls. Hence, why I need VOICE ACTORS.

My bad, I misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish here.

I think your still missing the point. The name is a bit deceiving I suppose but if you read the topic I think you should be able to grasp the fact that this is just to replace the dispatched guy who pop up and tells you whats happening. It will play a recording of a person acting as a 911 Operator and a person playing a victim/reporter. This is not going to actually simulate sitting behind a desk and saying what units to dispatch.

I think your still missing the point. The name is a bit deceiving I suppose but if you read the topic I think you should be able to grasp the fact that this is just to replace the dispatched guy who pop up and tells you whats happening. It will play a recording of a person acting as a 911 Operator and a person playing a victim/reporter. This is not going to actually simulate sitting behind a desk and saying what units to dispatch.

I finally got that. Sorry 'bout that everyone, I was being a wee bit dense. :P