timmiej93

Added 3 Rollbacks to the alley behind FS2

As the title says, i added 3 rollbacks to the alley behind FS2.

Allmost everything works perfectly, except for returning to the FS

It gets completely stuck at the VO that normally is behind gate #B.

I have no idea how this happnes, cuz i copied the script for ambulance 02...

Tim

-edit-

And i would like to know how i can make the alley a prohibbited area for people walking around??

Do i have to edit paths or jus make a VO over the alley that isnt freely accesible??

It gets completely stuck at the VO that normally is behind gate #B.

I have no idea how this happnes, cuz i copied the script for ambulance 02...

Not to sure myself tbh.

And i would like to know how i can make the alley a prohibbited area for people walking around??

Do i have to edit paths or jus make a VO over the alley that isnt freely accesible??

Either, you can adjust the paths or you can place a VO and use one of the other terrain types besides freely accessible, but id adjust the paths to be safe because of the path crosses the VO and there not bale to access it, might cause some problems with people wondering in to traffic because if there path cross through the VO they will simply skip the section of path inside the VO and find away to get back on to the path where it picks up outside the VO.

Not to sure myself tbh.

I'll keep on trying then, maybe i should ad a VO for the gate behind the trucks??

Either, you can adjust the paths or you can place a VO and use one of the other terrain types besides freely accessible, but id adjust the paths to be safe because of the path crosses the VO and there not bale to access it, might cause some problems with people wondering in to traffic because if there path cross through the VO they will simply skip the section of path inside the VO and find away to get back on to the path where it picks up outside the VO.

Ok i'll edit the paths and keep you updated.

Btw what time is it now where you live??

Here its 4 past 2 pm

Adding gates in that manners tricky. Its easy to add a gate as a turn to point at games start but this is another story, but go for it if you like.

Here its 7 AM.

I managed to pull it off now.

only added a VO where gate b would be, but didn't change anything in the scripts :s

i'm glad all is working now :D

He means it has smoething to do with the space in the alley. It could be too small. ;)

indeed, is you might notice with the chase command in the south-east of the LA Map there sometimes keep moving cause the personal can't leave the vehicle.

but it's working....

the only thing i would like right now is that if a rollback has a car on transport, that it would change to a unloaded rollback when it enters the Alley.

I'm getting help on that on an other topic: Adding a TEC station with rollback dropoff point.

;)

you could make something like the vehicle get's to home and enter the scene again after a few seconds as the empty rollback. so the model is replaced without a unrealisctic switch.

indeed, is you might notice with the chase command in the south-east of the LA Map there sometimes keep moving cause the personal can't leave the vehicle.

Yeah i had that with the firetrucks and rapiddeployment too..

you could make something like the vehicle get's to home and enter the scene again after a few seconds as the empty rollback. so the model is replaced without a unrealisctic switch.

Nah, dont really need that

this is just an exercise for the real deal, adding the tec station with the dropoff point.

Ok update:

I tried a butload of things too make this thing work, but it still doens't.

i tried this:

if(v.IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_SQUAD02)) && (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OJB_ROLLBACK) == 0)
{
v.ChangePrototype("mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/04 LA Tec/rollback.e4p");
}

and this:

if(v.IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_SQUAD02)) && (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OJB_ROLLBACK2) == 0)
{
v.ChangePrototype("mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/04 LA Tec/rollback.e4p");
}

With Rollback2 being the rollback2.e4p prototype.

(if you look at the big.dds picture of rollback2 you see a loaded rollback)

I don't know if the loadup.script script works for the rollback too, but i've been looking through that and i didn't find change to rollback2.e4p or something like that anywhere.

I don't know how this works with loadup and dropoff, but it would be great if it could be decoded.

yeah i did.

I actually said that on the other topic: Adding a TEC station with rollback dropoff point

but you couldn't know.

Ps sorry for the people who get a double mail here, but i just wanna make sure that everyone knows.

Pps. I know about the

bb code, but it gave me trouble here so i couldnt use it.[/font][/color]

[color=#383838][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Pppps. Yes, the trucks are in the VO_SQUAD01[/font][/color] [/font]