Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

Thanks, I am doing slightly better after getting in to see the Doc this week.

Now back to the mod, progress may still be slow as my modelers are quite busy. Helljumper did finish off Quint 9 and get it to me. This will be good news for those of you who do not like the tiller but want a ladder in both stations. I havent gotten around to trying to actually make it a functional quint just yet, if I can even do so. If not it will probably server as a ladder truck rather then a quint.

Just a small update, Reece.C and Kookas both have both started working on models. All together this mod should include 7 new models going off the top of my head. Some will be shown off here. Some will not. ;) I will go ahead and reveal what 2 of them will be right now.

LA DWP - This is the LA Department of Water and Power. This is part 1 of a 3 part phase to remove the current egineer van from the model. The perso model will likley just be carried over and use the LA DWP truck instead.

CITY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT of WATER & POWER (DWP) - FORD UTILITY TRUCK

CITY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT of WATER & POWER (DWP) - FORD UTILITY TRUCK

LAFD Mechanic - Phase 2 is to include the LAFD mechanic who will be the only person to be able to repair fire apertures.

LAFD FS106

LAFD FS106

Might reveal more in time. ;) The mechanic truck model is around 90-95% complete. Reece is just trying to work out a few polygons atm to get it just right. That 90-95% is just the model and does not include the skin.

looking great :gut: and this trunk is commenly used as a severice vechle.

in la mod 2.5 for em3 that to activate the engine as a pumper you needed to "install" it like you would install the ladder truck. im thinking you could just double script it so if one is installed the other cant. just a idea.

here is a video of 2.5 and the install thing i was talking about.

I have a idea that would make this submod more realisic ;) . What if power lines, trees ,and tree branchs would fall on the road? Like you could put this with the earthquake or a storm or something like that. It i just a idea. I am not 100% sure this would work or if it can be done :nixweiss: ? Once again it is just a idea.

Trees yes a lot of the advanced german mods like Florian Hamburg have a custom mission that happens where a tree falls and you have to cut it with a chainsaw and tow it away. They also have custom missions where a Fire Alarm goes off and you have to go and see if its an actual fire. If there is put out the fire and then the officer has to reset it. Same thing even if there isnt a fire but the alarm was tripped. Maybe try and see if you can use these scripts or make them yourself. Also maybe add a person to the mod. A Captain could be added to all Engines and Ladders. This would really add realism to the mod.

Another thing you could do is make the current missions a little more three dimensional. Like if you hit a tree in a car accident, have to say clear the road from the debris, by calling out a tractor or a crane or something. Another way to work with this is you could have a car crash into something flamible and have it near exploding, then it could ignite into a fire or whatever. Things like this would work nicely.

Trees yes a lot of the advanced german mods like Florian Hamburg have a custom mission that happens where a tree falls and you have to cut it with a chainsaw and tow it away. They also have custom missions where a Fire Alarm goes off and you have to go and see if its an actual fire. If there is put out the fire and then the officer has to reset it. Same thing even if there isnt a fire but the alarm was tripped. Maybe try and see if you can use these scripts or make them yourself. Also maybe add a person to the mod. A Captain could be added to all Engines and Ladders. This would really add realism to the mod.

ok thanks i will try this thanks for the succsetsion :cheers-mate: I agree with Newfoundking it would make it more relistic :)

Just thought I would say I have been really busy lately with selling my old totaled out truck, and managed to get me a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer and I love it! Anyways we been busy as hell getting caught up on things we have been behind on being with out a vehicle for 8 months. Things have just been rather crazy for the most part.

Now aside from my personal life, I cant say anything about the mod because frankly I have no clue. 2 modelers started on models for me probably 2 months ago now. When I asked for status updates, which was not often I was told over and over they were almost done, and yet I still do not have models to complete the mod. I have no reason to suspect I will ever see the models in progress completed. Due to these circumstances the project may be officially dead. I am tired of getting my hopes up that I will have models to complete this project only to have my hopes fall through. It is very disheartening and with deep regret that I have to say that I seriously doubt this or my other projects will ever be accomplished.

And for the record, I haent said any names as I am not looking to call any one out. I am simply updating the public on where the project stands, which is dead in the water atm, and likley going to drown and die so to speak.

That's sad to hear. I've been quietly following this, and I'm sure a lot of people, including myself, will be disappointed if it never gets released. Let's hope for the best though, and maybe the modellers will pull through with their end of this.

I Agree maybee they will pull though if not you could try to get someone else to do them mabay some one more trustwerety I would Realy like to see this submod released

Guest nbrown8568

Hey Xplorer,

I have no scripting knowledge, in another thread you mentioned adding the call tow truck command to patrol officers. I would really love to add this command to the game. Is it possible that you can send me that script?, if not I understand.

Norm,

Just thought I would say I have been really busy lately with selling my old totaled out truck, and managed to get me a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer and I have no reason to suspect I will ever see the models in progress completed. Due to these circumstances the project may be officially dead. I am tired of getting my hopes up that I will have models to complete this project only to have my hopes fall through.

why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg?1266844799

Also, assuming it's just vehicle models, couldn't you just release with those models as the LA default?