Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

So both stations are going to have a task force and a paramedic RA and assessment engine?

Yes.

Is E88 an assessment engine?

Pretty much just answered that, but of course, why wouldnt it be?

Don't forget that RA88 is in one of the new 2008 RAs with the darker hi-viz striping as compared to the 2007 RAs.

See my post before last:

I have also updated the skins of the Rescue Ambulances such as putting there unit number on the hood, and changing the color of the hi-viz(red/yellow stripping on the back) as needed.

I did this ages ago. ;)

Actually I think your right on that. :P Feel free to ask about it at emt-b. I may or may not make it a PAE. I doubt to many people actually use the PAE concept in game. In game its not really needed.

Small Update: I never liked the CHP CV, so, and I credit Ale for the idea. I have put a white CHP slicktop Charger in the game using NNICOs model, and put CHP decals on myself.

Xplorer 4x4 here are some shots of what I am thinking. PM me please.

Why wouldnt you just continue the PM we had going rather then post here and say PM me? But yes I think that looks fine.

do you require beta testers when you are almost ready to release

Im not entirely sure yet. When it comes to that stage I will let people know if I need testers. ;)

I think about some thing i think it wanna be nice if the medic can go inside the hospital and i can see it..-. :holdglass:

This is not possible due to the fact that I don't think the hospital has an interior built. It's just a skeleton. It takes a lot of time to build buildings where you can enter them, thus is why only a few have that feature.

Xplorer, I've confirmed from multiple sources that engine 88 is not an assessment engine. I'm not sure how this effects your plans.

It doesnt.

I think about some thing i think it wanna be nice if the medic can go inside the hospital and i can see it..-. :holdglass:

Use the edit button, and no this wont be possible because of the way the mod works, as it is the medics go in the hospital with a patient and then disappear, a new prototype is spawned and gives the illusion that they dropped off the patient.

Just a small update, Reece.C and Kookas both have both started working on models. All together this mod should include 7 new models going off the top of my head. Some will be shown off here. Some will not. ;) I will go ahead and reveal what 2 of them will be right now.

LA DWP - This is the LA Department of Water and Power. This is part 1 of a 3 part phase to remove the current egineer van from the model. The perso model will likley just be carried over and use the LA DWP truck instead.

CITY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT of WATER & POWER (DWP) - FORD UTILITY TRUCK

CITY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT of WATER & POWER (DWP) - FORD UTILITY TRUCK

LAFD Mechanic - Phase 2 is to include the LAFD mechanic who will be the only person to be able to repair fire apertures.

LAFD FS106

LAFD FS106

Might reveal more in time. ;) The mechanic truck model is around 90-95% complete. Reece is just trying to work out a few polygons atm to get it just right. That 90-95% is just the model and does not include the skin.

Is there any chance that you would consider adding captains and some sort of police supervisor similar to those in the SG submod to this mod? Haha I guess I just wish I could have the best of both worlds!

I don't know if I will do a captin. Just seems to defeat the purpouse of the bc.

As for the police supervisor, I thought about something like this, but I am unsure at this stage.

I don't know if I will do a captin. Just seems to defeat the purpouse of the bc.

My suggestion, if you are still considering the captain, would be to give them limited commands. Maybe a 'call nearest ambulance', 'call nearest officer', maybe even call BN Chief/ EMS Supervisor. Snowballing thought, maybe you could use a captain to command small incidents and request a chief if things get bigger.

Either way, another idea, if you DO decide to make the captain, make him USABLE. One of my biggest beefs with the SG mod is that you only have 4 people on that engine and one of them (the captain) can't use a hose, tools, anything. So, technically, you ony have 3 useful firefighters. and that's on EVERY engine. you just cut your manpower down on any given scene by at least 25%

But I digress, it's your baby, I'm just a thinker :P

In terms of realism captains don't really do anything at incidents besides call for tow trucks, other units, and micromanage where the firefighters make cuts and spray water! ;-) Also the other person on the engine would be the engineer who stands by the pump panel and adjusts pressure and stuff. So really you'd only have two firefighters.

I like the balance between realism/game play in the SG submod and used the firefighter from the BC's car or an ambulance to make up for the "missing man" but definitely agree with swaylord about making him usable. It just gives you more options.

In LA city, a BC is dispatched to all "A" and "B" assignments. The task force captain (captain II) is only is the IC until the BC arrives, which is not that long. Keep in mind that the task force will arrive together, which is 10 firefighters total arriving all at once in addition to any resources already at the incident.

In terms of realism captains don't really do anything at incidents besides call for tow trucks, other units, and micromanage where the firefighters make cuts and spray water! ;-) Also the other person on the engine would be the engineer who stands by the pump panel and adjusts pressure and stuff. So really you'd only have two firefighters.

I like the balance between realism/game play in the SG submod and used the firefighter from the BC's car or an ambulance to make up for the "missing man" but definitely agree with swaylord about making him usable. It just gives you more options.

You know I had thought about applying just that, have an engineer who runs to the pump panel when you hit rapid deploy and maybe have the captain just stand by the passenger side door, but for the game of game play, I am not sure how I feel about sacrificing 2 ffs much less one. Not to mention how others would feel about it.