TurnpikeFire

Turn off ALLLL traffic.

Hello. In short, I want to get rid of civilians cars through the script or something, or i'm never playing again :protest: .

Thanks ahead of time, all you smarter-than-me-forumers..

Well. Time to vent. :12:

Im *done.* I'm no more good. I'm about to throw my entire computer out the window. I'm typing nice and pretty, but cussing between every other word. I have been playing LA Mod (and 911 First responders) essentially since release, and every time I do, I want to cut my own eyes out and replace them with easter eggs at how angry I am with the worthless civilian traffic. They do NOT make me feel like the city is alive. They make me want to die.

Lately, my trickster mind and I have been spending the first 15 minuets of EVERY freeplay game placing police units at EVERY spawn point and blocking the road with cones and police cruisers. I'm sick of that, firstly because of how inconvenient it is, but mainly because of why I am here right now.

Today, I blocked *all* the spawn points, and yet 5, maybe 10 cars somehow were left inside the map. Even with EVERY spawn point and road closed and rerouted, the 15 cars STILL gridlocked the entire city, blocked all mutual aid from one point to the other, refused to listen to commands. I called 2 foam tenders, a SWAT team, and a couple wreckers and was about to begin the process of BLOWING the heck out of every car left on the map, and decided it would be easier to quit and come here to the internet forum that I always neglect and, after ALL this time, ask for help. Im going insane.

Edited by Lithium

I am almost certain that I get warned or told off for saying so but in my opinion you got more pressing issues than some non compliant civilian traffic in a game .

My advise would be ..... get outside , get some fresh air and interact with real life .... have a look around how people communicate and how silly some drivers are - now have a laugh , sit down and read what people wrote in the traffic thread and reconsider your standing towards a computer game .....

By now , I guess , you get my point .... this is only a game and stop acting or talking like a kid which lost his candy ...... even my 14 year old god-daughter knows the difference and knows that talking like that is flat out wrong

My guess, humor, all be it failed miserably atleast by the looks of it and by my standards to..

Anyways, in all that rage you never really bothered to mention if you were running LA Mod 2.0 with patch 2 or 3, i forget what version we are on. This seems to have fixed traffic problems for the majority of people. Even at its worst I have never seen traffic to be so horrible to results to the level you have. I think your over reacted ALOT. Besides that 5 or 6 cars can not possibly cause grid lock.

Before you ranted away, did you ever think maybe, just maybe theres something wrong on your end? I have had more unexplanatory crashes with this game then I have since I started using my first PC on Windows 3.1. I am fighting with the damn game atm as it wont load my mod after simply removing a command from a personnel that no longer could use it.

Edited by Lithium

I am almost certain that I get warned or told off for saying so but in my opinion you got more pressing issues than some non compliant civilian traffic in a game .

My advise would be ..... get outside , get some fresh air and interact with real life .... have a look around how people communicate and how silly some drivers are - now have a laugh , sit down and read what people wrote in the traffic thread and reconsider your standing towards a computer game .....

By now , I guess , you get my point .... this is only a game and stop acting or talking like a kid which lost his candy ...... even my 14 year old god-daughter knows the difference and knows that talking like that is flat out wrong

You know what? Your right. I have more pressing issues. Gee, thanks for the new outlook on life. Sorry, I just figured the Emergency Planet Forums, where I come, oh.. twice a year, didn't really care about any of my other life issues, and my thread should probably just describe my LA Mod traffic problems.

I don't know if you've ever been p***ed off before, but if you ever find yourself in the spot, try venting your problems, it helps. No matter how small, or large. Breaking windows isn't always the solution.

And ERFD, Thanks for showing me a solution fixing the problem's I have been having with the LA Mod. I had searched through the SPECS folder under the normal areas I have edited, but rarely went into FREEPLAYPARAMETERS, and so I ended up passing it by.

Explorer, nope- I ran with a ex-business computer with virtually no graphics card, or anything else for that matter. I'm now using an ATI Radeon graphics card on Windows 7, and the game runs like a charge- it doesn't lag.

The lag is actually the main problem, now that traffic was moving at its normal rate of speed, and not slowed down, it would cause the problems before I could get to them. And nope, no humor, just anger.

Edited by Lithium

Explorer, nope- I ran with a ex-business computer with virtually no graphics card, or anything else for that matter. I'm now using an ATI Radeon graphics card on Windows 7, and the game runs like a charge- it doesn't lag.

The lag is actually the main problem, now that traffic was moving at its normal rate of speed, and not slowed down, it would cause the problems before I could get to them. And nope, no humor, just anger.

Sorry im lost, one minute you dont have a lag then you do.

Sounds to me, but i might be wrong, that its time for an upgraded PC. If you cant play EM4 you got a seriously slow PC. I used to play it on a P4 with Intel Graphics Chip and less then 2 GB of RAM.

Edited by Lithium

And ERFD, Thanks for showing me a solution fixing the problem's I have been having with the LA Mod. I had searched through the SPECS folder under the normal areas I have edited, but rarely went into FREEPLAYPARAMETERS, and so I ended up passing it by.

no problem

i will upload an edited xml for freeplay that will ONLY change the traffic place it in Mods/Los Angeles Mod v2.0/Specs

it should make it so only like 5 cars are on the map at a time if i got the parameters correct or it will make it look like times square if i messed up i also included an unedited one so in case i got the parameter wrong so you won't end up doing this :machkaputt:

Quincy

(i hope this isn't against the rules (me posting the xml file)if it is i will remove the attachment) :flagwave:

^not sure if thats going to matter. I am not sure traffic can be set by the XML. It may need to be set by editing the spawn points in the editor, but uploading xmls is not against the rules.

Removed the child abuse stuff nonsense, way off topic here.

A little activity wouldnt kill the place. Its been kinda dead all summer. :-/

i remember a while ago (before my computer got recovered and be fore the patch for the v2.0 of the la mod editing the freeplay parameters for the traffic to a high number would decrease the amount of traffic to like 5-10 cars at a time

Edited by Quincy

Sorry im lost, one minute you dont have a lag then you do.

Sounds to me, but i might be wrong, that its time for an upgraded PC. If you cant play EM4 you got a seriously slow PC. I used to play it on a P4 with Intel Graphics Chip and less then 2 GB of RAM.

I don't know how I worded it in my first (or second?) post, because as we've all gone over, I was a little backwards at the time.

But, the gist of it is, I used to play on an older PC, which ran Emergency 4, but not perfect. The graphics were stunted, the game lagged, it was a mess, I had to strip almost everything to run it comfortably. Recently (Within the last couple weeks) I picked up a new LAPTOP computer, with the best ATI Radeon mobile graphics card you can get, ect. The game runs beautifully, never lags, full graphics, blah blah blah, you know the drill. However, with the game running smoothly, it also meant traffic ran smoothly- and I couldn't get police into the area to control the issues on time. I don't know why some people never have any trouble, and all I *have* is trouble, but thats life.

Anyway, my newest problem is, I played for an entire game day without any problem. Than, exactly at 6:00am the next day, the spawn points went on crack. They started flooding the road with cars, not a break, until the entire map was covered in a giant traffic mass, and my equipment couldn't even leave the station. I'm going to try V V V that solution by Quincy and see if it changes aything, although I did edit the parameters myself, I probably screwed it up.

Also, PS to you Explorer 4x4, I downloaded your submod the other day to check it out. Its a keep, great work- however, why did you end up removing many of the extra vehicles from the game?

i will upload an edited xml for freeplay that will ONLY change the traffic place it in Mods/Los Angeles Mod v2.0/Specs

it should make it so only like 5 cars are on the map at a time if i got the parameters correct or it will make it look like times square if i messed up i also included an unedited one so in case i got the parameter wrong so you won't end up doing this :machkaputt:

Quincy

(i hope this isn't against the rules (me posting the xml file)if it is i will remove the attachment) :flagwave:

Thanks for the XML file. If you read above, I tried editing the XML myself, and at 6:00am the next morning, in game, the world ended. I'll try yours, thanks for taking the time write it up, sir.

Also, PS to you Explorer 4x4, I downloaded your submod the other day to check it out. Its a keep, great work- however, why did you end up removing many of the extra vehicles from the game?

Because most of them serve no use in freeplay. Theres no heavy forest area that warrants using the USFS Truck. No airport so no point in the Crash Tender or LAX Cops. LA isnt on the border patrol so I doubt Border Patrol is heavily prevalent in LA. And so forth.

Because most of them serve no use in freeplay. Theres no heavy forest area that warrants using the USFS Truck. No airport so no point in the Crash Tender or LAX Cops. LA isnt on the border patrol so I doubt Border Patrol is heavily prevalent in LA. And so forth.

Understood, just your personal choice than, and I can't fight that! Personally, I turn my call frequency down so that I only receive roughly 4 responses during a game day, 3 of which usually end up being medicals. I always enjoyed having the extra pieces to mess around with in the mean time, so I re-enabled them all. :tongue2:

Guest zman

Understood, just your personal choice than, and I can't fight that! Personally, I turn my call frequency down so that I only receive roughly 4 responses during a game day, 3 of which usually end up being medicals. I always enjoyed having the extra pieces to mess around with in the mean time, so I re-enabled them all. :tongue2:

how do u turn ur call frequency down?

thx

zman

On 6/30/2010 at 3:56 AM, Quincy said:

it should make it so only like 5 cars are on the map at a time if i got the parameters correct or it will make it look like times square if i messed up i also included an unedited one so in case i got the parameter wrong so you won't end up doing this http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_machkaputt.gif

Quincy

(i hope this isn't against the rules (me posting the xml file)if it is i will remove the attachment) http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_flagwave.gif

Did you ever upload that XML? if so where can i download?