leahcim512

Solution to crash to desktop (After 2 seconds black screen)

Well technically you are under the minimum system requirements on processor, not by much but you are so that might be the culprit.

You can also try manually changing the screen resolution, according to your dxdiag your current screen size is smaller than what the game is running in, it might not be compatible with your monitor.

1.open "em4.cfg" in notepad

2.under the edit tab select find and enter the following:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />
<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

'

3.Change the values from it's current setting to:

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />
<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

Save the config file and try again.

• Downvote 1

Well technically you are under the minimum system requirements on processor, not by much but you are so that might be the culprit.

You can also try manually changing the screen resolution, according to your dxdiag your current screen size is smaller than what the game is running in, it might not be compatible with your monitor.

1.open "em4.cfg" in notepad

2.under the edit tab select find and enter the following:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />
<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

'

3.Change the values from it's current setting to:

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />
<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

Save the config file and try again.

I WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKSSSSSS!! MIL GRACIAS!!

=) =)

Guest Ericd140

Hello i am looking for some help. I have removed pretty much all codex, installed all the latest drivers and i tried to run the game in compatibility mode. The game used to run okay till my old graphic card bit the dust. So now i am running duel Nvidea gtx 470s in sli mode (turned that off and didn’t work either). When i try to run the game the first intro screen / splash screen tries to load but freezes and goes into a grid / messed up mode. Sound works fine and i cant skip the into. After a min or 2 the Blue screen of death pops up stating that the video is stuck in a infinite loop and windows has shut down my system to prevent damage. Please help i hope someone is still looking at this post :/ Hopefuly some one is up for this challange!

Thanks

Eric

DxDiag.txtlogfile.txt

I have updated by drivers since 2/10/2011 and I am still getting kicked to the desktop after 1-3 seconds. Can anyone help?

It does mention in your dxdiag that your drivers are dated back to 25/11/2010 not sure if that could be the issue, I will have a look at your files and keep you posted

-Leahcim

EDIT

----

Seeing your logfile, it may be due to your screens set to an irregular resolution, try setting the resolution to defaults, this depends on your graphics card though, I approve of your G15 Keyboard too! :schreiben:

Hello i am looking for some help. I have removed pretty much all codex, installed all the latest drivers and i tried to run the game in compatibility mode. The game used to run okay till my old graphic card bit the dust. So now i am running duel Nvidea gtx 470s in sli mode (turned that off and didn’t work either). When i try to run the game the first intro screen / splash screen tries to load but freezes and goes into a grid / messed up mode. Sound works fine and i cant skip the into. After a min or 2 the Blue screen of death pops up stating that the video is stuck in a infinite loop and windows has shut down my system to prevent damage. Please help i hope someone is still looking at this post :/ Hopefuly some one is up for this challange!

Thanks

Eric

DxDiag.txtlogfile.txt

Alright, looking at your log file you may have to re-install the game, its unable to find many game files whilst starting up. I would say to do the following:

1- Uninstall game

2- Uninstall drivers

3- Re-install drivers

4- Re-install game

Let me know how that goes for you.

-Leahcim

Im haveing the same problem bought it off of atari I had it working before but had to wipe everything off my comp.... I have done everything people have told yet nothing is workign any help would be great thanks

hi ok heres my problem i had to download this on my current pc cause mine broke upon downloading it everything went great but when i star it screen goes black then crash's to desktop, also when i had it on my old pc i had to get a new code to activated this time when i did it i used the orginal code that did not work & it activated could that be related to the pronlem log file attached

EDIT: ok never mind i found the problem after looking in add/remove programs i found k-lite mega codec i removed k lite & game now works thanks for the k lite tips guys

Edit 2:i recently stoped playing to play 18 wheels of steel american long haul & when i came to play 911 first reponders/em4 it goes black then crash's just like it orginaly was doing i checked no codecs on here i tryed opening installer & do repair mode no help tryed the changing the thing from 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600 nlack screen with lighter black screen in the middle but then crashd back to desktop i changed it back to 1024 x 768 since thats what my pc is set too please help

I had the same problem with the black screen and crash after 3 second and it said to insert CD and something about the copy ... I bought the game on EBAY Collection with EM3/EM4

All my card is updated and i check on the * FAQ * and try with no anti virus ... I'm at work right now but before i goes here i delete the K-LITE CODEC but i did'nt have the time to check if it work i'll tell you back tomorow .

I hope it work...

while waiting for maybe someone can check my Dxdiag ?

I just tried it and it don't work ... the error said :

COPY PROTECTION CHECK FAILED.PLEASE INSERT EM4 INSTALLATION CD ROM INTO DRIVE AND RESTART THE GAME

I don't know why it write that .. the CD is in the computer ...

jwillie

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

I have no clue what I need to do. I am not computer savy at all. I cant even figure out how to upload my dxdiag to here. Please help me! Thanks

Check under the window of where you write , there is an attach files. Just open it up your file and it will appear on your post.

Edited by tony11139

Hi again! I found the problem! i don't know if someone bought the game on ebay but look the stupid problem i had.When i install the game for the first time i put the patch 1.3 and the game doesn't work ( crash after 3 sec black screen ) so i uninstall it and install it. After that i start the game before installing the patch and the game work perfectly... then i look on the left down corner and i saw PATCH 1.3F ENG! that was the problem..the patch was already installed! The first time i installed the game i put the patch 1.3 before test it , so the patch was installed 2 times that's why it crash to the desktop and that's why everything i do in the forum and FAQ doesn't work !

I hope this can help other people with the same problem!

btw thanks for the hints on the forum!

Morning all,

I have this problem, after having to reinstall Emergency 4 - upon loading the program, it opens with a black screen and then closes almost instantly. I've tried compatability mode, running as an admin, updating graphic card drivers, running on one core/creating a batch file, reinstalling but nothing works. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP G60 120EM. Attached is a logfile and DXDIAG.txt - thanks in advance :)

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt

Morning all,

I have this problem, after having to reinstall Emergency 4 - upon loading the program, it opens with a black screen and then closes almost instantly. I've tried compatability mode, running as an admin, updating graphic card drivers, running on one core/creating a batch file, reinstalling but nothing works. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP G60 120EM. Attached is a logfile and DXDIAG.txt - thanks in advance :)

In the logfile you can see that the resolutionthing fails. So, I would guess that you should play around with this value.

Here is a useful link!

http://forum.emergen...ing-resolution/

Hello all,

So, I played Emergency 4 for a while... These forums were extremely helpful in getting the LA mod to work, thanks for that! Then I defragged my computer and immediately after, I started getting this problem where it crashes after one second of a black screen. So, I was tired of fighting with it (I spent many hours!) and gave up. Two days ago, I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the progam; it worked, I played the regular game for about two hours and then stopped for a while. When I tried to load it back up, boom, same problem. So, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This time, it didn't work; and it still won't work.

I'm attempting to update my drivers but the Intel links at the top of this thread don't work. The links take you to the Intel driver center, but when you try to pick which driver you want to update, Intel says 'page not found'. So, I updated Java to get the Intel driver detection to work, and of course, it won't, so I can't seem to update my drivers.

I also tried editing the screen resolution in em4.cfg, but naturally, it's not letting me save: "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\em4.cfg file. Make sure the path and file name are correct." Well, since I'm simply trying to save OVER the old file, the path and file are correct. I'm also not viewing it as a read-only.

As I said, the game worked plenty of times on the regular resolution, then the defrag messed it up (at least, I'm blaming it on that, it could be a coincidence). Then it worked again, now it's back to not working. It's really a wonderful game... And I feel like it's worse for me because I've already played it! You know, they say it's worse to become blind later in life than at birth because you know what your missing? Well, I know what I'm missing! And I'm in mourning! :P I appreciate any help you might be able to give; my dxdiag and logfile are attached.

EDIT: Okay, I got the Intel driver detector/updater to work, and it tells me my drivers are current and up-to-date, so that's unfortunately out. Any ideas as to why the em4.cfg isn't working? Thanks!

EDIT2: Thanks to someone else in this thread, I found a mod that allowed me to download the em4.cfg file. I did that, edited it for 800x600, and then saved it overtop of the old em4.cfg file. It worked. Yay, I thought, but the game still blacked out anyway. So, back to sqaure one, it does appear...

EDIT3: YAY! I changed my system screen resolution to 800x600; not only did the game load, but it's loading better than it used to (before the mouse used to be very jerky). Thank you for all the help you gave everyone else! I feel like those people who call tech support and then sit on hold for an hour and then they figure it out like five seconds before tech support answers and you're all like, "Sorry, I don't need you anymore, HAAAA..." Sorry, I'm a little excited now. :D

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt