aidan196

Questions on scripting new stations for the freeplay map

Well on the scripting side, its not as simple as copy and paste, you can copy and paste to some extent but the new pasted sections of the scripts will need to be edited to reflect the new vehicles, if any, and the new virtual objects. Creating a new fully functional FS will be pretty complicated in the end as you have to place the station, the roof of the station, several VOs, add the gates, name the gates properly,etc. Now creating a second or third police station is super easy, ass you just siwtch out the VOs listed in the script, and add a few VOs.

Now if he does something like an outdoor station where you don't have to have the inside stuff, so they can be made like the police station. What kind of station do you want to make exactly?

I'm adding two new fire stations that are baced off of station 2 from the old map, but what do you meen by an outdoor station, I think that may be better for my pourpices.

He mans you can use the parts of the scripts that say VO_Battalion and OBJ_Battalion and copy that part of the scripts and then edit them for the new VO and OBJs but you need to also define a new spawn point in the editor, and in the script, and in the end is most likley more work then you can do, but good luck.

Unless you have scripting experience it's not advised to do this. It takes much more than just copying scripts. The biggest problem is the way the vehicle choose the fire station to return to: is it the closest fire station or are they only stationed in one of the stations? Lets say you're going to add LAFD Engine 1 to both of the new fire stations. That means it can be parked at all 4 fire stations, right? So what needs to happen when you use the 'Return to fire station' command? I've edited my scripts to make it return to the closest of all fire stations. It's possible to create that, but it just requires scripting knowledge and it's not really easy. It's complicated and time consuming.