njboy13

Aviation

So Anybody here interested in aviation? I always have been. When I would go on vacation, I probably looked forward to going to the airport and on a plane more than the destination. Haha, I guarantee that everything you hate about airports, I enjoy. I enjoy the crowds, the security (as long as the line isn't long) the atmosphere (The sound of flight announcements, everybody talking, the sound of bags rolling and the occasional sound of the metal detector going off).

Continental Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and jetBlue Airways are my top 3 airlines (In that order). I've been to many airports around the world and America.

I'm also beginning to take flight lessons. I've taken an Introductory Flight lesson and loved it, and I'm going to begin my lessons this summer. I'm thinking of starting a blog to share my stories about my flights and lessons. (Mainly because before I took the introductory flight, I was searching for all kinds of blogs that had detailed info about what happened and what the lessons were like, but couldn't find any. So I want to start a blog to give future pilots or future lesson-takers and idea of what happens on lessons, and just to share some of my other adventures (Like vacations))

Anybody else have a big interest in aviation and/or taking flight lessons (or planning to)

I plan to be a Boeing 777-200 pilot for Delta. When I go to college and take the courses they offer for their aviation major, thats another $40,000 or so in addition to the $15,000 tuition (which isn't bad). I'm planning to get my Private Pilot Certificate and Instrument rating at the Mizzu Aviation school in Joplin in the summer I turn 17 (17 is the minimum age for getting a Private Pilot Certificate) and spend a week or two there and get my flight hours and course work done, since getting those two there are considerably cheaper than the same courses at the University of Central Missouri (so I save about $12,000).

I don't like budget airlines anymore :P (they've reduced my future salary considerably :1046276128_motz:)

Southwest is an OK airline though, since it's cheap, good, and probably one of the most I fly on nationally. My favorite airline has got to be Singapore though; best and most flown airline of the ones I've been on.

If I don't stay in Fire or EMS and do make a career out of flying, my goal is to be a pilot for Netjets. They provide rental and fractional ownership of private jets. I've flown on one of their jets once, and the plane was really nice and the pilots were great.

I really only like southwest because their cheap, serve fairly convenient cities, and the usually make up for having no video monitors by playing games on the plane. Overall, Southwest is pretty fun.

Delta is also a great airline, I fly Continental and actually prefer Continental, but the times I've flown Delta they were great. There service was just as good as Continental.

With Air cadets I have my Silver Wings (badge), which means I have flown a glider in a circuit around an airfield solo:)

I have also flown with an instructor, a grob tutor (single prop).

I have also flown in many different types of Aircraft:

Gazelle Attack Helicopter,

And when I came over to florida earlier this year to help at the Sun 'n Fun airshow I flew in:

A robinson helicopter

A caribou

And nearly flew in a Huey if it didn't break down sad.gif.

I was right next to a C130-J (Super Hercules) when I was marshalling a taxiway, it was so cool. And then it turned around and, using its propellors, reversed down the taxiway into its parking space :O tongue.gif

So yes I am interested in aviation smile.gif particulary millitary aviation.

I'd love to fly a plane, but I'm only 12. I couldn't fly a plane for my life! (Which would end in the plane) :P

lol once you are actually in the air with your instructor, it's actually easier than you think. It will be harder when I get to doing solos.

I'd love to fly a plane, but I'm only 12. I couldn't fly a plane for my life! (Which would end in the plane) :P

Actually it's not that hard. The only thing you have to do is taxi, the autopilot can do the rest :P

No but it's actually pretty easy. I haven't flown a plane yet but if I was on lets say a 737 and both pilots somehow fell unconscious or something I'm pretty confident I could take over and (more or less) land the plane at the nearest airport able to handle it.

That Airline Mogul thing looks really cool, and I'm gonna get an account. Always had the idea of an airline, and am still trying to start one for FSX. Hopefully they have Tu 204-220s and Il-96Ms, since those are the two planes I would rely on in the beginning.

Actually it's not that hard. The only thing you have to do is taxi, the autopilot can do the rest :P

No but it's actually pretty easy. I haven't flown a plane yet but if I was on lets say a 737 and both pilots somehow fell unconscious or something I'm pretty confident I could take over and (more or less) land the plane at the nearest airport able to handle it.

That Airline Mogul thing looks really cool, and I'm gonna get an account. Always had the idea of an airline, and am still trying to start one for FSX. Hopefully they have Tu 204-220s and Il-96Ms, since those are the two planes I would rely on in the beginning.

For the "Public" worlds you start out with the world based airplane. You then get more as you go on. Make sure to read the manual otherwise you'll make some small mistake and have to restart. ;) Drop by the IRC if you have any questions.

Majority of planes and airports are in the game. However, they all have their own benefits and downfalls. Not all Russian planes are good. Though I prefer how the look in real life... Even if they're noisy as hell.

love commercial aviation,

favorite aircraft is the Boeing 757 series with winglets.

favorite North American airline livery is the Northwest Airlines 90's colors.

im either window seat or im not going lol.

my favorite seat in an airliner is right behind the wing so i can "study" the wings control surfaces.

with sitting behind the wing, my favorite part of the flight is the approach and landing, i really love watching the spoilers pop up on touchdown.

favorite aircraft is the Boeing 757 series with winglets.

my favorite seat in an airliner is right behind the wing so i can "study" the wings control surfaces.

with sitting behind the wing, my favorite part of the flight is the approach and landing, i really love watching the spoilers pop up on touchdown.

Lol why does everyone like the 757 so much? I wish they still had MD-11s, those are some nice planes.

Landing is my favorite part, too. Good to know the spoilers go up even though the pilots don't touch the controls (except to arm them).

And will Airbus stop stealing other plane designs? Seriously, it just proves even more the French can't design their own crap.

Lol why does everyone like the 757 so much? I wish they still had MD-11s, those are some nice planes.

Landing is my favorite part, too. Good to know the spoilers go up even though the pilots don't touch the controls (except to arm them).

And will Airbus stop stealing other plane designs? Seriously, it just proves even more the French can't design their own crap.

I actually think that Airbus makes way better looking planes that Boeing. Airbus is much more elegant and not as cheap looking...

But I'm a regional Jet/Prop fan. Screw the big planes.

I actually think that Airbus makes way better looking planes that Boeing. Airbus is much more elegant and not as cheap looking...

But I'm a regional Jet/Prop fan. Screw the big planes.

Boeing's don't really look cheap, and they have a FAR better safety record than Airbus. If Airbus can actually design their own plane instead of stealing designs like the MD-12 and make them not crash then maybe I'll like them more. Also I think the A380, A300 Beluga transporter, and the A350 are some of the ugliest planes I've ever seen lol; even the 747 Dreamlifter looks better than those A300s Airbus has.

Boeing's unofficial motto used to be: "Every Airbus delivered on the wings of a Boeing" since it was true back then :P

I love planes, i play often flight simulator, I prefer private aviation like jets, my favourite plane is the cessna citation (any of the serie), i think cessna is the best builder. you should check there website: Cessna

I also like the concorde, but they don't mak it anymore (it used to go paris, new york in 3 hrs, but now it tkaes about 8,9hrs), great plane, but really expensive tickets

my favourite airlines are (in order): air lingus (for short travels like 45mns-2hrs), ryanair (also for short travels) and air france (for long travels like 7,8 hrs)

I like the airports magazine shops but I don´t like flying 8 hours and the security controls: removing the belt, the trousers falling so pass holding it to pass the control, removing a stupid coin from the pocket, sometimes must remove the shoes. So I only like (apart of the magazine shop) arriving destination and seeing the scene by the window but most times I´m on the wing :)

And I like the plane´s food!!!

I have to be honest, I do like airline food too. It's not that bad. What surprises me is that it's actually prepared and cooked very nicely, but being packed in the air tight seal, and being driven around the airport an being frozen and reheated is what lowers the quality of it when it comes meal time.

By the way guys, as you may or may not know, I take flight lessons, and I just started a blog about my flying stories and adventures. So if you could please check it out, I'm going flying later today so I will have a post about that flight up later. I hope you guys enjoy it:

http://evansflightblog.wordpress.com/