occram

Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0! Download now!

Greetings!

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=4892

Occram's Lighting Submod Part 1 is complete and ready for download.

Instructions:

1) It may be advisable to backup your current "Vehicles" folder at this point before overwriting with my files

2) Go to; Computer > Local Disk (Typically C:) > Program Files > WizardWorks > 911 - First Responders > Mods > Los Angeles Mod > Prototypes > Vehicles

3) Merge the two "Vehicles" folders together, selecting the "Copy and replace" option (Windows 7) or overwrite option (Windows XP)

Please be sure to make me aware of any bugs or glitches you notice. I also take quality control issues very seriously, as I strive to release quality work. Thanks!

Known Issues

- Radiation incorrect on CHP CV

---------- Updates ----------

05/19/2010 Update! I will most likely be completing my submod in 3 parts. The vast bulk of most commonly used vehicles will be finished up in Part 2. The remainder of vehicles will be finished in Part 3. The following vehicles will be released in Part 2, which is now in progress. Due to how the Tiller and Heavy Rescue Crane work in game, these vehicles may be pushed back to Part 3 due to their complexity to add lighting...

Part 2 Vehicles

Fire

Heavy Equipment Squad

Heavy Rescue Crane (Possibly Part 3)

LAX Crash

Swift Water Rescue

Tiller Truck (Possibly Part 3)

USFS Engine 17

USFS Utility 13

EMS

Coroners Van

Large Rescue Ambulance

Mass Casualty Unit

USAR Rescue Dog Vehicle

Police

ATF NRU

ATF MCP

ATF Unmarked Patrol Car

Border Patrol Dodge Charger

Border Patrol Tahoe

FBI MCP

LAPD Bomb Squad

LAPD Chevrolet Impala

LAPD Motorcycle

LAPD SWAT Heavy Rescue

LAPD SWAT Rescue 1

LAPD SWAT Rescue 2

LAPD SWAT Rescue 3

LAPD SWAT SUV

Technical

Engineer Vehicle

Freightliner (Tow Truck)

05/19/2010 Update! I have completed a revision of my Unmarked Crown Victoria and I'm very proud of the work. Please have a look for yourself! Sorry for the video quality, I recorded this on my PC and it doesn't have as much power as my laptop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZx1p_cyiZc

05/15/2010 Update! In an attempt to at least partially keep my promise of delivering the submod this week, I will be releasing the updated files in multiple parts. Completed and ready to release vehicles will be released in Part 1 later today and will include some vehicles from 2.0 and others from Hoppah's "Additional Units Submod". The vehicles not on the list will be added in additional parts in the coming days and weeks until the entire "Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0" is completed.

Part 1 Vehicles

Fire

Aerial Ladder

Battalion Chief 1

Brush Truck 8

Engine 100 Water Tender

Engine 7

Engine 88

Hazardous Materials Squad 4

Light Equipment Truck

USAR Truck 85

EMS

Ambulance 1

Ambulance 2

Ambulance 3 LAX

Ambulance 4

EMS SUV

Police

CHP Dodge Charger

CHP Patrol Car

LAAP Patrol Car

LAPD Dodge Charger

LAPD K9

LAPD Patrol Car

LAPD Slicktop

LAPD SUV

LAPP Patrol Car

LASD Patrol Car

Unmarked Patrol Car

05/14/2010 Update! The submod was approved and I am currently finishing up the last of the vehicles that need to be updated. The submod will be all-inclusive of the original LA Mod 2.0 vehicles and a few of the "Additional Units" will also be included. To make good on my promise, I will finish the rest of the "Additional Units" at a later time. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm currently looking at Saturday night for a release.

05/11/2010 Update! Quick update before work! I have another idea regarding this video but I don't have time... Please just check out the video and leave me some feedback for when I get back from the office...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mylqy5gpBms

---------- Submod Information ----------

I've enjoyed playing Hoppah's LA Mod for quite awhile now and have been working on my own personal emergency lighting for the mod for about as long. I feel my work is pretty high quality and I hope you'll all agree. Take a look at the sample videos below and tell me what you think. I'd like to get permission from Hoppah to release this modification to the public. I've gotten permission and the submod will be released.

This mod features;

Accurate visual reproductions of incandescent, rotator, strobe and LED type warning lights

Realistic patterns and flashes (Such as short flash, short flash, long flash for LED)

Realistic reproduction of rotators with few resources (My vehicles don't require 140+ coronas, slowing your computer and/or FPS)

Realistic blending of lighting types and flash patterns to give vehicles variety and uniqueness

Some radiation on vehicles are available but may be disabled (Radiation has a tendency to overlap in game and create a "whiteout" effect)

Some things to come;

Realistic light radiation with an effective workaround for "whiteout" when radiation sources are in a small area

On the drawing board;

Rotator radiation (I've done this in-game and have a few working prototypes, not quite there yet)

-Check out the Unmarked CV & Slicktop CV in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtH0TMte7K8

-Look closely at the lightbar on the ALS engine and USAR rig for the rotator lightbars. Also the front LED lighting on the BLS engine. The yellow rotators on the back of the BLS engine are a good example. There is a good example of strobes on the side of the Water Tender also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YaK5C2ahU

-The BLS Ambulance has rotators and LEDs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrr9rvYifgk

Tell me what you think... If you like it, I do hope to release this if Hoppah gives me permission. soon!

Thank you,

Occram~

I have one known problem. The problem I have is that the EMS car looks messed up, and all I need is someone to help me with the EMS supervisor car. I have the files zipped into my documents, but I need help with getting it into the game like the instructions you did with this submod.

THANKS

Edited by 2400FF

i forgot ur submod makes the ems supervisor look like a smaxh up car lol

and to boost you up i like ur light better then prl so keep up the good work cant wait for part 2

Guest fireguynh1984

Amazing!

How on earth did you create a lighting package for the under cover police car that changes light patterns?? Ive been trying to design it, and I can not even come close to the great job you did. Any hints???

THANKS

Amazing!

How on earth did you create a lighting package for the under cover police car that changes light patterns?? Ive been trying to design it, and I can not even come close to the great job you did. Any hints???

THANKS

Each flash of an individual light on the rear deck is a separate light source with it's own specific time to flash during the cycle to create the complex pattern piece by piece. I created a grid with time(x) and lights(y). In other words, it's very resource intensive and time consuming. Thank you so much for your kind words, it makes the hard work worth the time and effort. =)

Occram~