occram

Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0! Download now!

Xplorer4x4,

Thanks for the information.

No problem. :)

Not in this submod. I'm juggling around an idea to create an ultra-realism version of my lighting submod. I modeled most of these light packages around east coast emergency vehicles. I may or may not be creating my realism submod for LA Mod, depending on how things work out.

A steady burn is very easy to add or edit, I'd be happy to instruct you how to do so if you aren't already familiar.

Another lighting submod would be more then welcome in my book. :)

Hey Occram great work with the lights but i was wondering if you have good sirens because im in need of them, or if anybody has any good suggestion feel free to let me know

Is this topic about sirens? No? You will have better luck starting your own topic, but even then theres a good chance you will be told to use one of the packs here(i think there 4 total,default la mod siren,sirens in AUS,Conrads Siren Mods, and I think Francis released a pack of old LA Mod sirens) or make your own if those dont suit your needs.

Is this compatible with Joseu's LED submod? I don't see that mentioned in the 1st post. :unsure:

It depends on exactly what you mean by "compatible" in this sense. If your question is "Will these lights work with the models that Joseu made?". The short answer would be yes.

If your question is "Will these lights align and look proper on Joseu's models?". The answer is no, not entirely.

The lighting system in this game rarely has 'compatibility' issues with other modifications/versions, as far as file names and models aren't changed. When models are changed, so too must the lighting.

Occram~

Would you consider adding 3 running board lights on both side of the BC SUV?

I didnt end up using as many units as I expected, but in particular I love the LAPD Patrol Car pattern. So far I have only found one pattern i liked on the arjent lightbar but I love this pattern.

The fog lights on the CHP Charger are another nice touch. It looks like you linked several lights together to create a rectangle like look rather then just a circular look.

And while I havent used as many as I planned, the way you have done rotators is a really unique perspective to lighting in this mod, and looks very realistic in terms of creating a rotating affect.

Would you consider adding 3 running board lights on both side of the BC SUV?

Though that kind of setup does exist in the real world, I feel that in-game it gives the vehicles a strong 'overdone' look. Especially because the particle engine sometimes lets you see through the vehicles.

I didnt end up using as many units as I expected, but in particular I love the LAPD Patrol Car pattern. So far I have only found one pattern i liked on the arjent lightbar but I love this pattern.

Thanks! I watched some videos from LA and copied their lightbars for some of them. I can't remember which is accurate anymore though. =\

Also, is there any reason in particular why you haven't used as many vehicles as you thought you might? Was it a quality issue or just preference?

The fog lights on the CHP Charger are another nice touch. It looks like you linked several lights together to create a rectangle like look rather then just a circular look.

That's precisely what I was going for. =D

And while I havent used as many as I planned, the way you have done rotators is a really unique perspective to lighting in this mod, and looks very realistic in terms of creating a rotating affect.

Thanks again, I'm surprised no one else has taken my approach to rotators before. In my opinion, it looks best and really is quite simple.

Excellent Job, my Fellow Competition! I was blown away by the multi-patterns of your Rear Unmarked Car! I had the liberty to Improve your Car Quality by doing some minor changes and add-ons, nothing serious. If you have MSN, please feel free to PM me it and I can give you the Car file and we can discuss many other IMPORTANT things that i feel we should talk about....But thats up to you!

Again, Your Unmarked Car sold me, but the rest of your prototypes, Didn't appeal me as much as your Unmarked. Nevertheless, Good job! :cheers-mate:

Though that kind of setup does exist in the real world, I feel that in-game it gives the vehicles a strong 'overdone' look. Especially because the particle engine sometimes lets you see through the vehicles.

Well I personally feel it would look just fine if done right, but its your package. ;) I will do it myself, no worries.

Thanks! I watched some videos from LA and copied their lightbars for some of them. I can't remember which is accurate anymore though. =\

lol i know kind of what you mean. I use prototypes from several versions of PRL and Tony's Lights, and now yours. With some exception I dont recall exactly which set came from which package. Plus I am not after a reality based project. Not that I have anything against that style, on some units i like it, some I dont.

Also, is there any reason in particular why you haven't used as many vehicles as you thought you might? Was it a quality issue or just preference?

Short answer: I rushed through the first time i looked at your work in the editor. I plan to use more then I originally did, but after looking over some of them more patiently I replaced some units with your lights, while in some cases like the Engines, I came up with a way to utilize both your lights and the LED Lights by CFD. For the units I passed up though, it was simply personnel preference. For example the CHP Charger by CFD, and i might be a bit off here but you get the idea, have corner strobes and headlight strobes, then in the brake lights, i think he had strobes in there as well as the back up lights, and you only had wig wags, in the headlights and tail lights with a slow flash. It did seem a bit more realistic on your version, but I liked the strobe effect/faster flash effect better. Neither lightbars stood out to me though, so in the end i ripped the fog lights and traffic advisor off your charger and put it on the Charger I use that is from PRL or a modified version of the PRL one.

That's precisely what I was going for. =D

Exactly, and it was very innovative. I think this idea could be useful for LED lightbars since the pods are usually rectangular in real life, not circular as there portrayed by Hoppah in the default lighting, NFK,and CFD. Thats not a knock on there work. I think I have made it clear I appreciate all of there work, I just do not agree with certain aspects of it.

Thanks again, I'm surprised no one else has taken my approach to rotators before. In my opinion, it looks best and really is quite simple.

Simple, i dunno, but looks good no doubt. Like my LED comment above, this was a pet peeve of mine, as I never thought the rotators looked authentic but seemed like the only way to accomplish it till now. At the same time though doing rotators the old way and your way can add variety.

Excellent Job, my Fellow Competition! I was blown away by the multi-patterns of your Rear Unmarked Car! I had the liberty to Improve your Car Quality by doing some minor changes and add-ons, nothing serious. If you have MSN, please feel free to PM me it and I can give you the Car file and we can discuss many other IMPORTANT things that i feel we should talk about....But thats up to you!

Again, Your Unmarked Car sold me, but the rest of your prototypes, Didn't appeal me as much as your Unmarked. Nevertheless, Good job! :cheers-mate:

Even if this changes arent made by occram or yourself, Id love to see what changes you made.

No offense, but your changes may not be improvements in my eyes. We all have different taste. For example, the light blue I use is because Whelen tends to use a more "baby blue" LED instead of a true blue.

Occram~

When is this going to get stickied?

Paging a mod with a nail gun...

Occram, how far along with part 2 are you? There are a few units out of it I want better lights for!

Hey SirMoo, I'm thinking about starting a new thread and releasing my vehicles one at a time. People seem to pick and choose which they like the most anyway. I think I'll take my time and make each vehicle perfect and release them individually. I haven't decided yet.

Occram~

Once thing you can consider is doing

EMS Pack

Fire Pack

Police Pack

Tec Pack

Or something to this effect. That will allow general choosing and picking. Keeping the downloads small, but not requiring people to download a ton of different files.

One thing I noticed with the 2 fire engines, they barley have any radiation. Try dragging the area out more. Also, do you plan to get rid of the blue lights on one of the engines? It really clashes seeing as there is so much red lighting on there, but thats my oppinion. Keep up the good work! Anxious for you to release more units because it adds an awesome amount of variety imo by having your lights mixed with Tony's Lights, PRL, and PRL LED.

One thing I noticed with the 2 fire engines, they barley have any radiation. Try dragging the area out more. Also, do you plan to get rid of the blue lights on one of the engines? It really clashes seeing as there is so much red lighting on there, but thats my oppinion. Keep up the good work! Anxious for you to release more units because it adds an awesome amount of variety imo by having your lights mixed with Tony's Lights, PRL, and PRL LED.

The ALS engine has radiation mapped on the side, rear and front strobes but I disabled it. It's easy enough to enable if you'd like to do that yourself, it looks rather good, just a little bright imo.

Like I said before, it's just my personal preference that I don't like too many radiation sources because they tend to bleed together and really become too intense. I've managed to dim the radiation and keep it from bleeding while keeping color accuracy ( :laugh: ) in my most recent version and plan on adding radiation to all of the vehicles in a later version.

I won't be removing the blue on the BLS engine because as I said, it's modeled after my first due engine in my own firehouse. It's kind of a little personal easter egg of mine, sorry.