occram

Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0! Download now!

Thanks for the kind words SirMoo and Xplorer4x4. I too am a big fan of the undercover cars. I modeled the lighting on these after the slicktops my township just bought.

I have a new small lighting feature that I'm pretty proud of and I'll be uploading a video in the next day or so...

Occram~

Great a competition and some "nice" critics for PRL...my day just got better...

Project Reality lights is 85% Accurate based on LA First Responders. The Unmarked Car, yes, is not based off LAPD, but around North America, the most common lights blended onto one car. I've explained this so many times that I really can't be bothered to explain again. If you don't think its realistic, go ahead and make your own sub mod. I've worked hard on it and i get negative feedbacks about it, just lovely.

Nonetheless Occram, good job. Good luck!

Project Reality lights is 85% Accurate based on LA First Responders. The Unmarked Car, yes, is not based off LAPD, but around North America, the most common lights blended onto one car. I've explained this so many times that I really can't be bothered to explain again. If you don't think its realistic, go ahead and make your own sub mod. I've worked hard on it and i get negative feedbacks about it, just lovely.

And who has the time to read through 30 something posts to find that one reply. The unmarked ones are far from realistic and I've gone as far as to modify them myself in a few ways to fit my liking. - We're not criticizing your work negatively, we're simply stating that there are a few flaws in the idea of reality that your mod implies. - I do how ever love the lighting on the Fire Trucks and Ambulances, it's the police ones that I have issues with. ( Too much white and such to the point where you're zoomed out the blue and red is not noticeable at all. :( ).

But I'll head back to giving Occram support as I think if I replace his lights with the lights from PRL that I'm not fond of... combined will create and epic light combo!

You're not going to stop with the lights, are you CFD? :1046276372_bawling: Anyway Occram, great job! In the Copyright topic, Hoppah said that you have permission! :beer:

Anyway Occram, great job! In the Copyright topic, Hoppah said that you have permission! :beer:

Sweet! Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! I honestly didn't expect permission to be given so quickly. In any event, there are just a handful of vehicles I haven't finished (such as the HAZMAT apparatus). I won't keep you waiting long but I do want to release a finished product so please bear with me. I'm looking at the end of the week at the latest.

Stay tuned for a small update before release...

Occram~

I'll say this again, but, Occram, great lights. They are very realistic.

If you guys want to talk about C.F.D's lights, then go on his topic and post your complaints, flaws or whatever there. It's not really "mature" to talk about his light mods and comparing them to this on Occram's topic. I think it's great that your pointing out the flaws, but seriously.. just post on his next time. So he can fix them, or edit them. Instead of him reading this and only to find out that others have been saying that his is shit compared to this. They are both realistic and they're both great. No point comparing them.

Since it was approved where do i DL it?

It's been approved but it's not currently finished. I think he said he had a couple more trucks to finish up. =D Keep checking back. He should have it up and posted in the next few days.

Guest MFD102Explorer

Great Job!! :12: BTW, I need to say that I am amazed at your lightbars on the ALS and USAR rigs. I am a volunteer f.f. at LAFD station 106(we have a ALS engine and a BLS RA), and the lightbar on the ALS couldn't be better, nice work.

Huh? LAFD has no vollie FF's..... I live in LA so I would know....

Since it was approved where do i DL it?

The submod has been approved, but I am finishing up the last of the vehicles. I am at the office right now, but my weekend starts in a few hours and I still plan on making good on my promise of it being released by the end of the week.

Occram~

Guest MFD102Explorer

I don't want to go off topic with this discussion but, if you are at a cadet post, you are considered to be working as a volunteer f.f. That doesn't mean the entire station is for volunteers only though.

I live in LA and am a Explorer & Cadets aka Explorers are not vollie FF's in no way...

Anyways back on topic! Sorry guys :)

The submod has been approved, but I am finishing up the last of the vehicles. I am at the office right now, but my weekend starts in a few hours and I still plan on making good on my promise of it being released by the end of the week.

Occram~

How's it coming? It's Sunday meaning the weekend is over! I'm getting impatient! I want those undercover cars!

Let me know if you need a place to host a down-loadable copy.

Project "Reality Lights" is a joke as far as realism is concerned.

A realistic lighting submod would be unique seeing as there isn't one yet.

Good point lol.

Cry a river...seriously, you cant please every one all the time. I do enjoy your work, its just the project title, as sirmoo pointed out, as some flaws to it. The lights them selves I enjoy or I wouldnt use them.

But I'll head back to giving Occram support as I think if I replace his lights with the lights from PRL that I'm not fond of... combined will create and epic light combo!

This is what I have done for some time. I still utilize prototypes out of Tony's Lights Pack that was released a year ago, combined with newer versions of Tony's Lights and various versions of PRL.

If you guys want to talk about C.F.D's lights, then go on his topic and post your complaints, flaws or whatever there. It's not really "mature" to talk about his light mods and comparing them to this on Occram's topic. I think it's great that your pointing out the flaws, but seriously.. just post on his next time. So he can fix them, or edit them. Instead of him reading this and only to find out that others have been saying that his is shit compared to this. They are both realistic and they're both great. No point comparing them.

We're not allowed to compare and contrast the lights packs? Well there goes half the purpose of the forum...sharing opinions.

Part 1 is ready for release. For more information, see original post.

Can anyone recommend a good website for file sharing?

Occram~

You dont need any. Just edit the first post, use the full edit, and attach it. This will host the download on the server and this will eliminate waiting times and the chance of being deleted. Plus it gives us a faster download, but with light packs thats not usually an issue.

Will the slick-top and other police vehicles have a solid burn?

Not in this submod. I'm juggling around an idea to create an ultra-realism version of my lighting submod. I modeled most of these light packages around east coast emergency vehicles. I may or may not be creating my realism submod for LA Mod, depending on how things work out.

A steady burn is very easy to add or edit, I'd be happy to instruct you how to do so if you aren't already familiar.