occram

Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0! Download now!

Greetings!

This mod has been postponed indefinitely. If, in the future, I find time to finish this, I'll pick up right where I left off.

Please feel free to download and use part I however you like. Please don't forget to credit my work if you use it in any other project.

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=4892

---------- Updates ----------

08/27/2010 Update! In an effort to work harder to get this released before I start EMT school in the fall, I have set a tentative release date for Part 2 of mid-September. I am going to shoot for sometime near or on the 17th. Part 2 will feature more realistic radiation, flash patterns and more multi-patterns. Keep your eye out for updates along the way. Thank you all very much for all the positive feedback!

05/19/2010 Update! I will most likely be completing my submod in 3 parts. The vast bulk of most commonly used vehicles will be finished up in Part 2. The remainder of vehicles will be finished in Part 3. The following vehicles will be released in Part 2, which is now in progress. Due to how the Tiller and Heavy Rescue Crane work in game, these vehicles may be pushed back to Part 3 due to their complexity to add lighting...

Part 2 Vehicles

Fire

Heavy Equipment Squad

Heavy Rescue Crane (Possibly Part 3)

LAX Crash

Swift Water Rescue

Tiller Truck (Possibly Part 3)

USFS Engine 17

USFS Utility 13

EMS

Coroners Van

Large Rescue Ambulance

Mass Casualty Unit

USAR Rescue Dog Vehicle

Police

ATF NRU

ATF MCP

ATF Unmarked Patrol Car

Border Patrol Dodge Charger

Border Patrol Tahoe

FBI MCP

LAPD Bomb Squad

LAPD Chevrolet Impala

LAPD Motorcycle

LAPD SWAT Heavy Rescue

LAPD SWAT Rescue 1

LAPD SWAT Rescue 2

LAPD SWAT Rescue 3

LAPD SWAT SUV

Technical

Engineer Vehicle

Freightliner (Tow Truck)

05/19/2010 Update! I have completed a revision of my Unmarked Crown Victoria and I'm very proud of the work. Please have a look for yourself! Sorry for the video quality, I recorded this on my PC and it doesn't have as much power as my laptop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZx1p_cyiZc

05/15/2010 Update! In an attempt to at least partially keep my promise of delivering the submod this week, I will be releasing the updated files in multiple parts. Completed and ready to release vehicles will be released in Part 1 later today and will include some vehicles from 2.0 and others from Hoppah's "Additional Units Submod". The vehicles not on the list will be added in additional parts in the coming days and weeks until the entire "Occram's Lighting Mod 1.0" is completed.

Part 1 Vehicles

Fire

Aerial Ladder

Battalion Chief 1

Brush Truck 8

Engine 100 Water Tender

Engine 7

Engine 88

Hazardous Materials Squad 4

Light Equipment Truck

USAR Truck 85

EMS

Ambulance 1

Ambulance 2

Ambulance 3 LAX

Ambulance 4

EMS SUV

Police

CHP Dodge Charger

CHP Patrol Car

LAAP Patrol Car

LAPD Dodge Charger

LAPD K9

LAPD Patrol Car

LAPD Slicktop

LAPD SUV

LAPP Patrol Car

LASD Patrol Car

Unmarked Patrol Car

05/14/2010 Update! The submod was approved and I am currently finishing up the last of the vehicles that need to be updated. The submod will be all-inclusive of the original LA Mod 2.0 vehicles and a few of the "Additional Units" will also be included. To make good on my promise, I will finish the rest of the "Additional Units" at a later time. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm currently looking at Saturday night for a release.

05/11/2010 Update! Quick update before work! I have another idea regarding this video but I don't have time... Please just check out the video and leave me some feedback for when I get back from the office...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mylqy5gpBms

---------- Submod Information ----------

I've enjoyed playing Hoppah's LA Mod for quite awhile now and have been working on my own personal emergency lighting for the mod for about as long. I feel my work is pretty high quality and I hope you'll all agree. Take a look at the sample videos below and tell me what you think.

This mod features;

Accurate visual reproductions of incandescent, rotator, strobe and LED type warning lights

Realistic patterns and flashes (Such as short flash, short flash, long flash for LED)

Realistic reproduction of rotators with few resources (My vehicles don't require 140+ coronas, slowing your computer and/or FPS)

Realistic blending of lighting types and flash patterns to give vehicles variety and uniqueness

Some radiation on vehicles are available but may be disabled (Radiation has a tendency to overlap in game and create a "whiteout" effect)

Some things to come;

Realistic light radiation with an effective workaround for "whiteout" when radiation sources are in a small area

On the drawing board;

Rotator radiation (I've done this in-game and have a few working prototypes, not quite there yet)

-Check out the Unmarked CV & Slicktop CV in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtH0TMte7K8

-Look closely at the lightbar on the ALS engine and USAR rig for the rotator lightbars. Also the front LED lighting on the BLS engine. The yellow rotators on the back of the BLS engine are a good example. There is a good example of strobes on the side of the Water Tender also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YaK5C2ahU

-The BLS Ambulance has rotators and LEDs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrr9rvYifgk

---------- Installation Instructions ----------

1) It may be advisable to backup your current "Vehicles" folder at this point before overwriting with my files

2) Go to; Computer > Local Disk (Typically C:) > Program Files > WizardWorks > 911 - First Responders > Mods > Los Angeles Mod > Prototypes > Vehicles

3) Merge the two "Vehicles" folders together, selecting the "Copy and replace" option (Windows 7) or overwrite option (Windows XP)

---------- Use of My Work ----------

Want to use Occram's Lighting Submod in your own modification? All you have to do is credit me in your mod / submod, no need to PM, message or email me with your request.

Tell me what you think... If you like it, love it or hate it, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,

Occram~

Wow that looks amazing. You should take videos at night time to give some better visualization of the radiation, but none the less, I cant wait. You may want to post here: to make sure Hoppah knows your wanting permission.

Hey thanks for the advice my friend. You know, I know there was someone outside of the PRL team that I borrowed some ideas from for my own lighting mod. There was a folder I had saved that I named "4x4s lights" so I think it was probably you. Anyway, the idea I took was the strobes in the clear corners on the Crown Victorias. If it was you, I'll give you credit in the mod.

Occram~

It may have been. I did a light pack awhile back, but NewFoundKing(NFK) and CFD deserve the credit. It was a half ass job based around there lights, and I never bothered updating it. I can already tell I will be swapping out a few of my existing prototypes for yours. In particular I really like the Slicktop and Unmarked cars.

nice but there is a milion next light mods... nothing original :/

Thanks for your reply, but I think I bring a few new ideas to the table and some things that haven't been seen before like the chaser lights on the Slicktop, the flashing LEDs such as 2 fast flashes followed by a pause, unique rotators, the cycle speed of the lights, and I'm working on some 2-pattern schemes that cycle back and forth.

Occram~

They look nice, just out of curiosity, why are there blue lights on the bls engine?

I did that for a friend of mine at our firehouse. Our brand new engine looks just like the BLS engine in LA Mod except we have Chicago style paint, so I made the lighting package just like ours. Our apparatus have red, white and blue LED lighting. It can easily be changed back and probably will if I get permission to share this.

Occram~

Are these lights based on the real lighting setup of LA emergency vehicles?

Not all of them, some however are near replicas. I've watched some clips here and there and incorporated some ideas into the lighting, but I can't say that accuracy to the LA area was the primary goal of the mod. The primary goal was realistic looking lighting overall. That is something I've been considering for awhile however, and it wouldn't be very difficult to do...

Occram~

Not all of them, some however are near replicas. I've watched some clips here and there and incorporated some ideas into the lighting, but I can't say that accuracy to the LA area was the primary goal of the mod. The primary goal was realistic looking lighting overall. That is something I've been considering for awhile however, and it wouldn't be very difficult to do...

Occram~

It would be really cool if you did make them as realistic as possible. The original LA mod lights are somewhat close but nowhere near perfect.

Great Job!! :12: BTW, I need to say that I am amazed at your lightbars on the ALS and USAR rigs. I am a volunteer f.f. at LAFD station 106(we have a ALS engine and a BLS RA), and the lightbar on the ALS couldn't be better, nice work.

Thanks! I am hoping to get permission soon to release it to you folks for further evaluation. I can't say that I'll take requests, but if there is an idea out there that I particularly like, I'll try and deliver. :D

Occram~

nice but there is a milion next light mods... nothing original :/

Did you even bother to look at his samples before you replied? His work is unlike anything I have seen for EM4, and secondly, theres only been 3 serious light packs ever released here counting this one. There was mine, but that was just filler till PRL was fixed. The other is supposedly based on "real lights" from LA, this isn't. There was Tony's Lights but this was never based off LA.

It would be really cool if you did make them as realistic as possible.

Why? We already have Project "Reality Lights," so why not have something unique rather then a copy cat mod?

Did you even bother to look at his samples before you replied? His work is unlike anything I have seen for EM4, and secondly, theres only been 3 serious light packs ever released here counting this one. There was mine, but that was just filler till PRL was fixed. The other is supposedly based on "real lights" from LA, this isn't. There was Tony's Lights but this was never based off LA.

Why? We already have Project "Reality Lights," so why not have something unique rather then a copy cat mod?

Project "Reality Lights" is a joke as far as realism is concerned.

A realistic lighting submod would be unique seeing as there isn't one yet.

Project "Reality Lights" is a joke as far as realism is concerned.

A realistic lighting submod would be unique seeing as there isn't one yet.

Yeah. Their unmarked cars ( which I really enjoy unmarked vehicles ) seem really weird. Lights are like... everywhere. Place that I can't seem to find a reason to put a light.