NNICO

[DOWNLOAD] Ford Crown Victoria 2008

I've always done my own skinning by just unlocking and editing the dds file. Most of the time this worked but other times, I had trouble. What are the relationships among the texture files, v30 files, png files, and the dds files?

Maybe someone could explain how these files work together to create the object in the game... maybe it will help me..,.

It doesnt matter what format the texture file is. it can be, dds, png, bmp, jpg, - whatever. you can also edit model file with notepad/wordpad and edit the texture name, if you have problems.

I guess that's where I'm a little lost. The DDS files are considered "texture" files?

So, if I create a texture file, this is the file that has the design (car markings, colors, etc.) of the whatever kind of vehicle I want right? This file is located in the Models folder?

So as it stands now, the default files are DDS and v30 files. And these are considered "texture" files? Are they dependent upon each other and why?

Sorry, if I seem a bit goofy in understanding this...

DDS isnt only emergency 4 file, its international image file like PNG or JPG. Emergency could have any image file as texture file, but the dds is more "unknow". (Battlefield 2 uses .dds too.) The texture file, has to be in the same folder where the model is, and if the texture shows only white, check that you have edited the .v3o file. (like if you have changed texture format etc) It should be default if you edited / applied the texture with zmodeler.

DDS isnt only emergency 4 file, its international image file like PNG or JPG. Emergency could have any image file as texture file, but the dds is more "unknow". (Battlefield 2 uses .dds too.) The texture file, has to be in the same folder where the model is, and if the texture shows only white, check that you have edited the .v3o file. (like if you have changed texture format etc) It should be default if you edited / applied the texture with zmodeler.

This is very helpful -thanks a lot. So, if I want to modify this crown vic to look like CHP (California), would I edit the png file and make sure that the v3o files have been edited to be linked to this file?

Good Evenin`(From Germany xD)

Today i want to release my Ford Crown Vic 08 model (for Emergency 4).

Features:

+5 Doors

+4 skinns

+2 different Crown wheels

Have Fun & Please take a look in the README.txt

previewmv.jpg

Sincerelly

Nico D. a.k.a. NNICO

DOWNLOAD

HOLY MOLY! I'm inlove :P