FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

You have to be really talented if you get your vehicle blown up in this mod, but if so... sure it gets replaced but after that time you drive the whole game long with a spare for the blown unit!

Just started the work on the manual, this is a sample page we did for some design studies

The real one does not have the "New York Modification" lettering across the whole screen, its there due to copyright safety of this screen in production stage.

enginepagesg48.png

THE STARTED WORK ON THE MANUAL DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE ARE QUITE FINISHED WITH THE MOD!

Its just something we started as long Tim is scripting.

Design and Graphics © by Shadylasse + FFW TUT

Another slight thing that I noticed, wouldn't it be a 9 foot halligan hook instead of a 9 inch? just checking. :D

Hallagan hook should be a NY roof hook, or NY Hook

The FDNY calls them Halligan hooks, they've been branded NY Hooks by manufactures, ETC, to sell more so in the interest of realism I would say leave it Halligan hook.

With all this extra stuff being added to the mod (i.e. mdt, pump panels, dispatch screen), will having a second computer monitor be helpful for the mod or not really?

The FDNY calls them Halligan hooks, they've been branded NY Hooks by manufactures, ETC, to sell more so in the interest of realism I would say leave it Halligan hook.

With all this extra stuff being added to the mod (i.e. mdt, pump panels, dispatch screen), will having a second computer monitor be helpful for the mod or not really?

I'm going to guess it wouldn't be. If you think about it, all of these pop-outs will be for each separate company, so you wouldn't be able to leave them open all in one screen if you had to go tell another truck what to do.

I'm going to guess it wouldn't be. If you think about it, all of these pop-outs will be for each separate company, so you wouldn't be able to leave them open all in one screen if you had to go tell another truck what to do.

The dispatch screen won't be, at least that was the way they described it the last time they talked about it, it might not be in the mod anymore.

I'm wondering if we will be able to break windows to vent and open ceilings to search for hidden fire. They must be giving us these tools for a reason. Interesting............

Look at the ventilation workshop image on the first page

I am putting this up here because I feel that it is on-topic since the mod makers may want to include this into their mod, but at the same time, I'm not saying that they have to include this in this version or any other version of the mod, because they have already worked hard enough and created an amazing mod.

For those of you that are interested in FDNY apparatus, the new Rescue 5 is basically set for delivery and the first of the new rear mount ladders is being painted and having the finishing touches put on it. You can see more pics of both rigs at http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

DSC_7385.JPGDSC_7376.JPG

Yea I agree with mooncressler, its not that much of a major change from the old ones, not even new l.e.d. lightbars :(

But since FFW Tut said a while ago that he's visited NY and getting current information, I feel that he and the rest of the crew already know about the new delivery.

Just saw the manual, very cool. It seems as if you'll be able to equip your men with all different kinds of hoses. BTW, if a truck blows up, did you say that you need a spare rig? Are those pre-assigned or do you need to assign them as spares? :gruebel:

Just saw the manual, very cool. It seems as if you'll be able to equip your men with all different kinds of hoses. BTW, if a truck blows up, did you say that you need a spare rig? Are those pre-assigned or do you need to assign them as spares? :gruebel:

He already said that there would be spares.

Wow those new engines look awesome but really there not to different from the current ones there just shinier theres no reason to change em especially after all this work

They have aesthetic differences (lights, general look of the cab, etc.), and this team has show time and time again that they are committed to realism, such as when they decided to put the segrave muauraders to the mod, and like I said, FFW Tut and the rest of the team can decide what they wanted to do, I was just sharing information.

Yea I agree with mooncressler, its not that much of a major change from the old ones, not even new l.e.d. lightbars :(

But since FFW Tut said a while ago that he's visited NY and getting current information, I feel that he and the rest of the crew already know about the new delivery.

A) The lights on both rigs are led rotators from Federal Signal, as has been discussed many times in this thread.

B) FFW Tut went to NYC, if I'm not mistaken, back when they first started the mod which was what, 3-4 years ago? Both the contracts for the Ferrara Ladders and Rescues are very recent, within the past year or two, and none of them have been delivered yet, they are still at the factory, so I don't know how FFW Tut could have talked to someone in NYC about them when they probably hadn't even put out the contract to bid yet.

They have aesthetic differences (lights, general look of the cab, etc.), and this team has show time and time again that they are committed to realism, such as when they decided to put the segrave muauraders to the mod, and like I said, FFW Tut and the rest of the team can decide what they wanted to do, I was just sharing information.

A) The lights on both rigs are led rotators from Federal Signal, as has been discussed many times in this thread.

B) FFW Tut went to NYC, if I'm not mistaken, back when they first started the mod which was what, 3-4 years ago? Both the contracts for the Ferrara Ladders and Rescues are very recent, within the past year or two, and none of them have been delivered yet, they are still at the factory, so I don't know how FFW Tut could have talked to someone in NYC about them when they probably hadn't even put out the contract to bid yet.

Yeah there are some small differences but think about the resoltion em4 is at you'd have to look really hard to notice it and since there not even in the fleet yet who knows maybe this mod will be done before there delivered (i'm not trying to get a release date dont yell at me :) )

personally i think maybe if they do an update later the new rigs would be a good ideal but once again of course it's all up to them just throwing up my 2 cents since thatats why there is a forum haha