FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

is that not illegal using a game that people have bought to make money if you release a mod?

how is it illegal? they've spent a huge amount of time on this mod and created a huge amount of new things for the game. It's like saying that paying for furniture is illegal because people by it to put in their house that they bought.

To end the money debate,

If you create your own content, include an exe, yeah you can charge for use of YOUR stuff. As long as you don't offer the game with it. If you do, that's the illegal part. Debate ended. No more. At all.

As for comman dysmbols, I can't speak for sure, but I think they are done with those almost, or will be shortly

+1

-----

God knows how many hours have gone into it, but I really couldn't spend 2.5 years on a mod just for a couple "thks, gr8 mod".

If there was some sort of financial gain, possibly.

Maybe thats what the media package will do...detail how you can pay for the mod.

I certainly wouldn't give it away for free after this amount of time and stress.

we dont want to earn any money for our work, its free for you, why should we?

So, did you all ever place the command symbols??

there are no command symbols anymore as you might know but yea... we set new GUI elements

hm, decided to show you a screen of the GUI... its a screenshot took in the first tutorial stage (date of screenshot: 10/22/2010).

em42010-10-0222-05-35-vu21.png

as shown above it was a while ago we took this screen, the time brought changes... e.g. after we decided to make the chauffeur and the captain as single "actors" the talkie is just in the bar of the cpt. or the SCBA status is displayed in PSI now.

but you are going to see the current status on screens coming with the media package, may this screenshot smooth some ruffled feelings.

well done, I really didn't mean for you to have to take the time to take a screen, but it looks awesome. Well done

may this screenshot smooth some ruffled feelings.

Amen.

Looks really good, but the buildings in the game will be like in the original game or will be changed (because the original game´s buildings don´t seem of NY (I saw the pictures of the New York style buildings but I don´t know if all the buildings are going to be like these).

Looks really good, but the buildings in the game will be like in the original game or will be changed (because the original game´s buildings don´t seem of NY (I saw the pictures of the New York style buildings but I don´t know if all the buildings are going to be like these).

I think some buildings maybe all are getting redone to be more NY like.

Can't wait for the media package.

there are no more original game buildings

hm, decided to show you a screen of the GUI... its a screenshot took in the first tutorial stage (date of screenshot: 10/22/2010).

as shown above it was a while ago we took this screen, the time brought changes... e.g. after we decided to make the chauffeur and the captain as single "actors" the talkie is just in the bar of the cpt. or the SCBA status is displayed in PSI now.

but you are going to see the current status on screens coming with the media package, may this screenshot smooth some ruffled feelings.

From left to right:

Engine 10 = Line where you see what truck your FF belongs to

Firefighter = Occupation of the person selected

Health Status = Condition of your unit

SCBA Status = Just displayed when FF wears SCBA / recently showing in "PSI" instead of "perfect"

Fire Symbol = click on opens the submenu with the equipment which is needful for firefighting, e.g. the different hosetypes, fire extinguisher, etc.

Gear Wheel Symbol = click on it opens submenu with everything needful for technical rescues, e.g. hurst tool, high pressure bags, etc

SCBA symbol = put on - take off bottle

Mask symbol = put on - take off mask (you just loose air when your unit is wearing the mask)

Radio = Nothing important for a normal firefighter anymore, just in Lt. command bar now