FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Shadylasse, his point is still valid regardless of what system is used to assign commands, and put models in game. It is still the same concept of calculating a percentage no matter if you use your "base" or the EM4 editor. Look at how many models have been put in the game. Look at how many models still have to be put in the game. Divide the total by the number done. Now multiply that by 100 and the first two number create a percentage. Now with the scripts, same thing. How many of the scripts/commands are there total? Now how many are in the game? Then apply the mathematical formula above. I am sure you know how to calculate a percentage, but just detailing why, I do not believe it is impossible to say a percentage.

Shadylasse, his point is still valid regardless of what system is used to assign commands, and put models in game. It is still the same concept of calculating a percentage no matter if you use your "base" or the EM4 editor. Look at how many models have been put in the game. Look at how many models still have to be put in the game. Divide the total by the number done. Now multiply that by 100 and the first two number create a percentage. Now with the scripts, same thing. How many of the scripts/commands are there total? Now how many are in the game? Then apply the mathematical formula above. I am sure you know how to calculate a percentage, but just detailing why, I do not believe it is impossible to say a percentage.

do you really want them to spend all that time figuring out percentages rather than working on the mod. Also, they may come up with some new idea at the last minute and have to redo everything which will throw the percentage off.

do you really want them to spend all that time figuring out percentages rather than working on the mod.

Rather then working on the mod? It's going to be quite some time from the sounds of it before we see a release. Beyond that, if they are organized it shouldnt take long to give a rough estimate. You act like if they spend 5 min to come up with a rough percentage it is going to delay the project by 6 months. Besides your missing my point. I NEVER asked for a percentage. I simply stated I don't believe it is impossible to come up with a percentage regardless of there system.

Also, they may come up with some new idea at the last minute and have to redo everything which will throw the percentage off.

And if that is the case, then the percentage is off. Simply update it.

Just grow up and stop being so impatient. Find something else to bide your time. Surely your whole life does not revolve around this mod? :/

A percentage won't make the mod come any quicker. It won't allow you to "prepare" for the mod's arrival, because there's no preparation to do. No matter how much you scream and beg and whine and argue, the mod will not be complete until it is complete.. you might as well sit back, instead of arguing for a pointless argument.

Just grow up and stop being so impatient. Find something else to bide your time. Surely your whole life does not revolve around this mod? :/

A percentage won't make the mod come any quicker. It won't allow you to "prepare" for the mod's arrival, because there's no preparation to do. No matter how much you scream and beg and whine and argue, the mod will not be complete until it is complete.. you might as well sit back, instead of arguing for a pointless argument.

I think that after 2.5 years, nobody in this community is out of line asking about a percentage of completion. In fact, IMO, it would give these guys a whole lot more breathing room. If they came out and said 70 percent, and asked for patience. Pretty much everyone here would go about their business without a complaint. If they said 40 percent. Most would move on to other mods, and they would be able to work in peace. It is the unknown that stirs this community up. There's an easy fix.

They are going to release the media package sometime soon. That should be cool. But what does that really mean if the game is whole year away? A little information goes a long way.....

I think that after 2.5 years, nobody in this community is out of line asking about a percentage of completion. In fact, IMO, it would give these guys a whole lot more breathing room. If they came out and said 70 percent, and asked for patience. Pretty much everyone here would go about their business without a complaint. If they said 40 percent. Most would move on to other mods, and they would be able to work in peace. It is the unknown that stirs this community up. There's an easy fix.

They are going to release the media package sometime soon. That should be cool. But what does that really mean if the game is whole year away? A little information goes a long way.....

when we say we cant give a percentage then we cant... i told here whats the current progress and i told to get more for you soon, get over it guys, this is just a GAME!

when we say we cant give a percentage then we cant... i told here whats the current progress and i told to get more for you soon, get over it guys, this is just a GAME!

It is just a game. Trust me when I say that my life will not change one way or the other if this mod is released. That said, I really don't see how you guys can get upset at the community. We have waited patiently for 2.5 years. You guys have hyped this mod up to be the best thing ever, and when the fans ask for an update you guys get angry. If you don't want angry fans, don't hype it up. Very simple.

do you really want them to spend all that time figuring out percentages rather than working on the mod.

This made me laugh. It is not exactly rocket science there. You go like it is such a big deal, while it is a VERY basic calculation taught at the elementary, for heaven's sake.

lol I hope that is not directed at me since it was posted right after me. You already know thats not the case if you look around the forums and keep up with the project. It sounds just as whinny when you go on rants like this. I simply tried to provide some technical insight on why I feel it is not impossible. Funny how my comment seems to go ignored. Maybe I am on to something here. Either way all they have to do is provide an explanation and then every one is satisfied on the issue.

Very well said.

I would like to point out that the moderators consider asking for percentage done asking for a release date, so you guys should stop asking before you get this topic closed yet again.

No one asked for a percentage. Jake, for example, suggested it would make life easier, as I did else where. I simply am trying to establish why it is impossible to provide a percent.

It is just a game. Trust me when I say that my life will not change one way or the other if this mod is released. That said, I really don't see how you guys can get upset at the community. We have waited patiently for 2.5 years. You guys have hyped this mod up to be the best thing ever, and when the fans ask for an update you guys get angry. If you don't want angry fans, don't hype it up. Very simple.

It's not the creators that have hyped up the mod, it is all the people commenting on it like you who have built it up to the 175 pages of speculation and complaining it is at today. If you have so called 'waited patiently for two and a half years' then I'm sure you will have no problem waiting another two and a half years should it take that long.

Thanks

It's not the creators that have hyped up the mod, it is all the people commenting on it like you who have built it up to the 175 pages of speculation and complaining it is at today. If you have so called 'waited patiently for two and a half years' then I'm sure you will have no problem waiting another two and a half years should it take that long.

Thanks

Again, I think that you are missing the point. If there was more info, then there wouldn't be any complaints. We are all pulling for this mod. We want it to succeed and to be great. Apparently, there are a ton of new features that are going to really enhance this game. That's great. We all feel good about what we are hearing. Those of us who do this for a living appreciate what they are trying to do. However, they could be less secretive. It would make it easier on themselves, and people wouldn't have to wade through 175 pages only to find out that the game is 2 years away. The only reason why people come here and post is because they want info due to the secrecy and hype. Personally, if Brooklyn or QRA comes out first, then I'll play those. It's no big deal. Just don't act like we created this hype. We didn't start this thread. Also, in another 2.5 years will anyone be still playing EM4?

Again, I think that you are missing the point. If there was more info, then there wouldn't be any complaints. We are all pulling for this mod. We want it to succeed and to be great. Apparently, there are a ton of new features that are going to really enhance this game. That's great. We all feel good about what we are hearing. Those of us who do this for a living appreciate what they are trying to do. However, they could be less secretive. It would make it easier on themselves, and people wouldn't have to wade through 175 pages only to find out that the game is 2 years away. The only reason why people come here and post is because they want info due to the secrecy and hype. Personally, if Brooklyn or QRA comes out first, then I'll play those. It's no big deal. Just don't act like we created this hype. We didn't start this thread. Also, in another 2.5 years will anyone be still playing EM4?

They could barely finish EM 2012 so I dont think they'll make another one.

In the words of of the sadly underfunded:

"STOP WASTING MY SPAM!"

grow up, whining aint going to get anything changed, ya'll act as though if you rehash the same stupid bs constantly it'll make a difference, it hasnt in the past, it won't now.

@ explorer, unlike say making a model, given the fact they work on the bs in their spare time, they aint paid it's harder to give a definitive percent that you can stand by.. With a model for example generally speaking unless it's deleted or redone by the author 30% is 30% but with code strings they could do say 50% of one of their things.... find out whoops it don't work and have to restart, people'd probrably be more angry over the changing percents declining than not knowing at all... Just my thoughts on it, but it's up to them if they wanted to post a percent, a simple script or a model it's alot easier to guage percents on given theirs is more of a total system the percent can easilly change from say 70% down to 30% if something major goes awry.

This whole thing is making me laugh. I've just about given up hope on this mod ever coming out. I'll stick with Xplorer4x4's mod and the NY submod once it becomes a more stable mod. If this comes out then okay, if not so be it.

+1

-----

God knows how many hours have gone into it, but I really couldn't spend 2.5 years on a mod just for a couple "thks, gr8 mod".

If there was some sort of financial gain, possibly.

Maybe thats what the media package will do...detail how you can pay for the mod.

I certainly wouldn't give it away for free after this amount of time and stress.

@ explorer, unlike say making a model, given the fact they work on the bs in their spare time, they aint paid it's harder to give a definitive percent that you can stand by.. With a model for example generally speaking unless it's deleted or redone by the author 30% is 30% but with code strings they could do say 50% of one of their things.... find out whoops it don't work and have to restart, people'd probrably be more angry over the changing percents declining than not knowing at all... Just my thoughts on it, but it's up to them if they wanted to post a percent, a simple script or a model it's alot easier to guage percents on given theirs is more of a total system the percent can easilly change from say 70% down to 30% if something major goes awry.

I think you are missing the point. You said it your self, it may be harder, but it is not impossible to give a percentage. This was never about posting constant percentages, but weather a percentage was possible or not.

However in regards to the constant percentage changes,they never post percentages, so thats not much of a concern. Nor did I suggest constantly updating it.

I think you've missed the point bud, while you just want a current percent, what do you think everyone else would want? They'd be asking every month what the % completed was currently, now it's up to the mod designers if they wanted to give such an update, but people would keep asking for it regardless. If they did indeed keep the percentages up to date people would be none too pleased if it went from 60% to 40% because something major broke. A Singular current percentage isnt overly difficult but again most people would keep asking every month what it was now, you and I both know this is how it would go.

Elas it's up to the mod makers this topic isnt about debating whether they want to give a percentage, it is their modification and their choice in how they wish to handle updating the people who wish to follow the topic you've offered them the idea Xplorer let them decide how they want to handle it.

Instead of everyone getting their underwear in a twist over this and that in the petty way that has been displayed in the past week, if you don't like how they're handling their "information" about the mod, simply don't read the topic and follow one of the other many NY mods.

Back onto the topic of the mod and not about how they're handling their updates or whether the mod will come out at all, it's just petty and a total waste of everyone's time to have to read a great debate by people who let's be honest here have no idea what they've done or how close they are to completed.

while you just want a current percent

Nope, never asked for a percent.

topic isnt about debating whether they want to give a percentage

Your right, because they never mentioned "want" they said Impossible.

you've offered them the idea Xplorer let them decide how they want to handle it.

I did not suggest anything.

So your right may as well get back to topic. There plenty of points that could be disputed but whats the point.

+1

-----

God knows how many hours have gone into it, but I really couldn't spend 2.5 years on a mod just for a couple "thks, gr8 mod".

If there was some sort of financial gain, possibly.

Maybe thats what the media package will do...detail how you can pay for the mod.

I certainly wouldn't give it away for free after this amount of time and stress.

is that not illegal using a game that people have bought to make money if you release a mod?