FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Engine 273 is the only engine to have the mets pin stripe design on it, I think that's why he asked for it specifically.

Yea, that's pretty kewl, but I'd also like to see a Halogen FDNY truck in the mod, so that's another good reason for this truck.

Yea, that's pretty kewl, but I'd also like to see a Halogen FDNY truck in the mod, so that's another a good reason for this truck.

If you do E273 you got to be fair to the yankee fans out there so you'd have to E68, which I doubt they'll do 2 new trucks just for the baseball pinstriping.

WHO CARES IF THEY ARE LED OR HALOGEN! Geeezze! I dont see this mod ever getting finished, the progress recently has been little to nothing. All it is, is small things, nothing that really makes progress to the release of the mod.

Yeah, there units are awesome, but most modders can do that and make people no problem, but I have yet to see any map or major updates, even thought there are alot of cool things, i dont see it coming together for a loooonnnnngggg freakin time. (1-2 years at least)

Mike

How about some patience? The only people that know they're progress are the people working on it. For all we know, it could be released tomorrow.

They're updating it in small things because they want to keep stuff a surprise for us. It will make the mod more fun discovering all the features when it's released, rather than already knowing what will be in it.

Remember, a good mod takes time, with the pictures and videos they have released, does it look fun with al the months of work they have put in so far? I think it does.

EDIT: Sorry, Sleepylizard posted his while I was typing mine. Didn't see it.

I'm reading a book about 9/11 and I just realized that there are A LOT of engine and ladder companies in New York. I wonder if there will be more than just 1 resuce in the mod. About the engines, the models look really good and recent. Most of them look pretty new, and I'm always curious about how much more time it will take for the mod to come out. It would suck if all the files were lost or something, but we'd just have to bear with it. :12:

WHO CARES IF THEY ARE LED OR HALOGEN! Geeezze! I dont see this mod ever getting finished, the progress recently has been little to nothing. All it is, is small things, nothing that really makes progress to the release of the mod.

Yeah, there units are awesome, but most modders can do that and make people no problem, but I have yet to see any map or major updates, even thought there are alot of cool things, i dont see it coming together for a loooonnnnngggg freakin time. (1-2 years at least)

Mike

Alright, I'm only going to say this once because I believe you've done this before here, if you believe the mod will never come out, then STOP WATCHING THE THREAD (see, I can do it too). Also, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Furthermore, have patince, if you can't wait, then (wait for it...) make your own mod! It's that simple. There's always the NY Submod so you'll have to live with that...

*crosses the line because I can=)

The river he cried has made me have to get out the bridge laying vehicle, first time I can honestly say I've needed it=)

In all seriousness why comment on someone who's just being their normal charming self, thre is an explicit reason why this mod is taking much longer than the others. It is more or less an adaptation of the game not just a simple setof new models and some new scripts still playing on the core system. These guys are trying to basically adapt freeplay to be a whole mission-type experince with one difference, it doesnt really end. To get something like that done, and working properly requires a great deal of time, because just as I learned when I tried things, worked for me, worked for others, did NOT work for everyone, so extensive testing of everything is required along the way... Add in these guys are trying to do a comprehensive mod all-in-one, instead of releasing it segment by segment, so show some patience and let them work in peace.

There is an explicit reason why this mod is taking much longer than the others. It is more or less an adaptation of the game not just a simple setof new models and some new scripts still playing on the core system. These guys are trying to basically adapt freeplay to be a whole mission-type experince with one difference, it doesnt really end. To get something like that done, and working properly requires a great deal of time, because just as I learned when I tried things, worked for me, worked for others, did NOT work for everyone, so extensive testing of everything is required along the way... Add in these guys are trying to do a comprehensive mod all-in-one, instead of releasing it segment by segment, so show some patience and let them work in peace.

That just about sums the mod's long wait time quite nicely. Thanks.