FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

I doubt it. Aren't they all going to be in the same station so technically, they're all the same people? Tell me if I got it wrong. I might not've understood.

A LAFD Light Force does not get splitted under normal circumstances, so Engine and Ladder respond togther.

The Engine of the Light Force is only staffed by 2 Firefighters.

Im already aware of all this but thats not the point. Your sending 2 bigs trucks, one of which is about as big and long as a semi for a medical run when a engine would be much easier and can get you 6 personnel on scene easier then something like a tiller.

Were getting off topic and my department sends an ambulance and engine to a medical... Stupid

No its not. In most cases the engine will be on scene minuets before the ambulance and can start very basic treatment and gather vitals for the medics. I imagine this means the medics spend less time having to get stats and such before transport so there on the road and rolling to the hospital minuets sooner. When its life and death every minute counts.

Guest emergency captain

You've got a point, it's actually a neighboring department, Utica. my department has medical SUVs staffed with paramedics and then the ambulance arrives to transport the patient.

That's messed up. That's true what you said about the medical calls though. Once, part of a ceiling fell on my friend and a tiller, and 1-2 engines, i don't remember, came before the ambulance came.

emergency captin had it c comented oming maybe now we can stay on topic THANKYOU STAN!! :D

This has nothing to do with you or any of you! Every time he goes off topic, ignore it, every time you reply he will keep doing it, Damn its nice to see everyone one here is growing up. That comment has nothing to do with you and is also off topic! Everyone on this site with the exception of a few are freaking kindergardeners! Surprised EM4 and 911 FR are not rated "E" because we have children of all ages here, i think 8-12 right!!!!!

Signed:

AKA: "FDNYRes1cue" hmm," isnt that the guy who got all mad?" Yea thats me!

Grow up everyone, this is a video game forum!

Please warn me, it will just prove to me and others that you are a little kid!

I haven't commented on this site in about 7 months, ( I may have said keep up the good work) ok, so, looks like I have grown up, "YOUR TURN GUYS"

This has nothing to do with you or any of you! Every time he goes off topic, ignore it, every time you reply he will keep doing it, Damn its nice to see everyone one here is growing up. That comment has nothing to do with you and is also off topic! Everyone on this site with the exception of a few are freaking kindergardeners! Surprised EM4 and 911 FR are not rated "E" because we have children of all ages here, i think 8-12 right!!!!!

Signed:

AKA: "FDNYRes1cue" hmm," isnt that the guy who got all mad?" Yea thats me!

Grow up everyone, this is a video game forum!

Please warn me, it will just prove to me and others that you are a little kid!

I haven't commented on this site in about 7 months, ( I may have said keep up the good work) ok, so, looks like I have grown up, "YOUR TURN GUYS"

he's right guys, people can get really really annoying I know trust me I have had to deal with that on a daily basis. You just have to ignore it thats the mature way of handling it and i know everyone here can i mean we all complement each others work and stuff, and constantly helping each other out. blush.gif

sorry site didn't update at same time so...

BACK TO TOPIC

The staff did the job they had to do, there's nothing more to say about that ban. There's no fun or pleasure in banning people but if we need to then we need...

Paramedic Engine, no I'm not going to warn you, but I still wish to comment: I'd watch my language and keep out of issues that are not concerning you like you say so good on your own.

Using Emergency Captain as reason to go off-topic will NOT WORK

Depends on where you are and if your rig's an ALS or BLS. If you have an ALS engine, then you can have all of the checks, a BP, pulse and most things done if an ambulance is a ways out. BLS would begin small treatments or do what they need to, but the medics would take over when they get there. If you run a truck to a medical, it's just as efficient as an engine, there's almost no difference. If a paramedic's on board, does it matter if their on a truck or an engine? Uh. no. They can provide life saving treatment.

As for as ALS/BLS, your right. I was just thinking locally where there just BLS Engines. Your missing the point. Why not just send an engine which would probably get you there sooner as I am sure an engine can get up to speed faster. The engine is likley easier to maneuver.

Amen

Indeed, a permanent ban

Wow, thank you. Funny how you said he had changed though. :P Guess not :P

EDIT: Sorry hit reply, walked off and then finished my post when i came back :$

Next offtopic comment regardless to on-topic mixed into it gets this:

Banhammer.jpg

Don't care what the warning level is, special circs call for special actions=)

I have an idea for the NY mod team I mentioned this in the 2012 topic and i don't know how hard this is to do but judging by the screens and stuff i have heard these guys are like crazy talented and it might be possible for them. So with that being said, what if there could be a first person perspective cam that would give you the capabilities of being able to control the Emergency staff and do tasks and such with the equipment. Although I think i have heard that you cant due to the fact that all the tasks you can do in emergency are animated effects, Not sure though. But its just a suggestion.

I have an idea for the NY mod team I mentioned this in the 2012 topic and i don't know how hard this is to do but judging by the screens and stuff i have heard these guys are like crazy talented and it might be possible for them. So with that being said, what if there could be a first person perspective cam that would give you the capabilities of being able to control the Emergency staff and do tasks and such with the equipment. Although I think i have heard that you cant due to the fact that all the tasks you can do in emergency are animated effects, Not sure though. But its just a suggestion.

i dont think its practical for this game since you need to manage every aspect of the incident, if you go into a ist person mode and only control 1 guy nothing would get done at the rest of the scene

i dont think its practical for this game since you need to manage every aspect of the incident, if you go into a ist person mode and only control 1 guy nothing would get done at the rest of the scene

true there would deferentially be more of an issue but since they get one call at a time that makes it a bit simpler. As well if you look at all those sports games like madden 11 they have control over one person and then A/I are doing other things at once. But Idk how simple or complex that would be to do.

Madden is also updated once a year. This games about 4-5 years old. Even at once incident at a time there still wouldnt be anything else getting done. Is it possible? I suppose, but 1) The games AI is far from Madden, and 2)i imagine it would mean throwing away two years or so of progress and starting fresh to accomplish this.

your right so it would have to be like a private mod if done so with tons of script writers to accomplish the task at least.

Why would it have to be a private mod? And it wouldnt need that many scripters, Tim alone is responsible for all the scripts in this mod, but it would take alot of time. By the time it would be done who knows how popular EM4 modding will be? It could be dead seeing as EM5 isnt far off. On top of that because of the way EM4 is designed it takes a very powerful pc to run smooth in first person perspective. I have a pretty high end PC by all means and yet it doesnt run first person well in EM4 so the vast majority of the forum couldnt even run it.

Guest Francis

My computer runs EM4 LA Mod with 60+ FPS, yet when I zoom in and try to look sideways, it'll get my FPS down to 2-3. The game is simply not made for such behaviour.

Aren't they cfr's on the engines according to fdny documentaries. There not medics but they have like an auto defibulator and basic equipment.

All FDNY Firefighters are Certified First Responders (CFRs), which in New York State, is lower than an EMT. They can't be in charge of patient care, and they're only trained in the basics of first aid and cpr, it's kinda like a step above having red cross cpr and first aid. All firefighters are cfrs or above, although they can only operate at a cfr level. The FDNY has the largest prehospital care system in the world, so the engine is really to basically help out the ambulance dispatched to the call rather than get to the call and start treatment before the ambulance gets there