spunkyskier01

Meet the new Ford cop car.

I'm confused,why does the car need a nuclear bomb or uranium detector?

Well I imagine this could be useful in larger cities like New York that are likley targets of terror attacks.

I was basically referring to the push bumper only. Push bumpers are designed to protect the car or act as a battering ram, not to put as many lights as possible in it. It's just redundent and it's unnecessary expensive. One simple 'push' and these lights are damaged. The car looks nice, but it's going to be too expensive. It will never be as popular as the Crown Victoria.

The lights arent on the push bumper, just the regular bumper.

Do note on the Carbon model, last I checked, they do have different packages in regards to features. I think the ballistic door panels, for example, are an extra, as well as things like the nuclear detector. Personally I like the new Interceptor from Ford, but police seem to like there big body cars, and this seems more like the size of a modern Impala. I will be interested to see what direction our department takes as they have just upgraded about 5 cruisers to arjent lightbars and there adding LED flashes in the rear windows on each side of the brake light. There using solar panels in the rear windows as well to help power the LEDs, and say it could save enough juice to actually start the car with a dead battery after about 2 days.

It looks terrible. It looks like crap, sorry. Personally, I despise cars that try to look "futuristic". They just don't. Slanted lights, delta-shaped fronts... just no... I'm not a fan of most cars of America, but I have to say that the Dodge Charger looks much, much better and much higher-quality. The thing about this car, is it looks like one of those cars that looks really fast, but isn't (even if it actually is). The cars that try too hard. Japan's starting to follow suit. I really hope Europe doesn't go that way.

It looks terrible. It looks like crap, sorry. Personally, I despise cars that try to look "futuristic". They just don't. Slanted lights, delta-shaped fronts... just no... I'm not a fan of most cars of America, but I have to say that the Dodge Charger looks much, much better and much higher-quality. The thing about this car, is it looks like one of those cars that looks really fast, but isn't (even if it actually is). The cars that try too hard. Japan's starting to follow suit. I really hope Europe doesn't go that way.

I think similar you. I dont´like futuristic cars but I like the american cars and I think that this car looks like more european than american. I think that the CV has reached perfection and is the symbol of American Police Car and I don´t like the idea of replace or change the CV.

I'm sorry but the Vic is aged to dirt, it is sad that my car which was built in 2000 STILL exceed the police "interceptor" in every way possible... The modern list of cars that can exceed the speed and maneuverability of the vic has gotten to be too great at this time to just ignore it. The sad truth is the police market has taken a downhill fall since competition died in 1996 with the end of the caprice, and unfortunately everyone that has re-entered the race has the "legacy" of a mediocre car to compete with, the primary reason OFFICERS like the thing is because it's RWD where so many other entries are not. I've had the joy of playing the rabbit on simulated chases with the vics, I've beat them in high performance cars, I've beat them in 105HP K cars.... The vic just was not that great it just lacked proper competition to show it's many issues.. The thing doesnt turn spectacularly, it definately is NOT fast in top end, acceleration it's decent, braking leaves something to be desired... For it being called "Interceptor" every time they got matched against me they failed miserably.

Guest Kellyy

Hiii,

Ford cars are really very good in all things there parts are also very strong and for long life.because some other cars don't have that quality. i just changed Trailing Arm Bushing of my car i bought it on ebay from here they have all parts of all cars at very good rates.

thanks!

I agree and personally I like the Crown vic Police Interceptors better, but at least these will look better in the NYPD color scheme rather than the ford fusions they're getting now.