You would require a great deal of pictures of the units used in order for people to even stand a shot of being able to help you with this mod, unfortunately most of us are North American or European Union so I doubt someone here speaks arabic... Most of us probrably don't even have the "fonts" to do arabic writing so we would need pictures to try to guess our way through doing a mod with arabic script on the vehicles, however many you would desire to have in the mod. Most people here have probrably never even seen some of the vehicles used as police cars in nations like Dubai.

I don't mean to seem rude by contradicting you but there are plenty of Dubai emergency vehicle pictures just by Googling Dubai police/ambulance/etc. Certainly enough to make a mod with ;) Here's some information I gathered, some things might be wrong, feel free to correct me:

Police (blue and blue or blue and red):

BMW 540i

Chevolet Lumina

Toyota Fortuner

Dodge Charger

Nissan Xterra

Mercedes-Benz C-Class

The lightbars are very assorted - seems random whether a vehicle is seen with a normal lightbar or a low-profile on the roof, apparently nothing to do with what vehicle it is or how fast it goes/needs to be able to go.

Ambulance/medical (red and red):

Mercedes Citaro Articulated "Mass Casualty" Mobile Intensive-Care Ambulance

Chevrolet Express Ambulance

Chevrolet Tahoe

Fire (blue and blue):

Mercedes Atego Pumper Truck

Mercedes Atego Equipment Transport

Chevrolet Tahoe Commander Vehicle

Fire boat:

http://metalcraftmarine.com/images/DubaiFireSevices363.jpg

Feel free to contradict me, but as is always the case sometimes google is your friend, sometimes it is your enemy. Take West Midlands for example or anywhere else for that matter, how would I know which vehicles are still in service vs. which ones are replaced today? Some of the vehicles you mentioned could no longer be in service, but a picture of them remains in existance on the web regardless of the fact they are out of service. Hence why the one who is there should do ample research on what is still roaming the roads and what their purposes are. In any given city I can pull photos of units I could not begin to tell you what their purpose was without actually having been there myself or having the knowledge of someone who was.

In the end first hand experience is the best thing to have.

All right but I need help with the skins. I also dont know how to right or speak arabic, i am english. the police, fire, ambulances dont have arabic wrighting, all it would say in big writing is POLICE CIVIL DEFENCE as fire and AMBULANCE.

U right i havent made a mod before but i think it would be good to start as it is a middle job.

I can see the ambulance heli every day as an accident will also happen. I u think it will work I will start TOMMOROW :schreiben::12::beer:

Edited by Francis
Merged your posts, please try to refrain from posting twice in a row.

Please try to refrain from posting two times in a row, it is against the rules to do so, I am guessing you did it to attach images (I am not sure what the max limit is for normal users).

What I meant is, there is arabic script on the emergency vehicles that would pose a problem possibly for our paint programs. Photoshop might be able to take a standard arabic script font and use it, but I am pretty sure mine won't do it. We all use different software so that might pose a problem to write the script that is on the cars correctly with our programs.

Best of luck to you with your mod project=)

Guest Francis

Please try to refrain from posting two times in a row, it is against the rules to do so, I am guessing you did it to attach images (I am not sure what the max limit is for normal users).

What I meant is, there is arabic script on the emergency vehicles that would pose a problem possibly for our paint programs. Photoshop might be able to take a standard arabic script font and use it, but I am pretty sure mine won't do it. We all use different software so that might pose a problem to write the script that is on the cars correctly with our programs.

Best of luck to you with your mod project=)

I just looked through Adobe Photoshop CS4 and it indeed has Arabian fonts. I don't use them though.

I think the best way of doing things would be

Vehicles > Personnel > Script implementation (if any planned) > Map creation > Adapt implemented scripts to the map (if any)

And do a proper bug-test (play it like you would play your favourite mod) between each stage and for each script.

However, everyone has different ways to organise how they work, some don't organise at all and just throw it in there.

.V3O (emegency 3) is the SAME format for EM3 and EM4 so you can use that to export your files.

Please do not post twice in a row like you did earlier, that is against the rules here.

Edited by MikeyPI
to add merged posts.

If you haven't made something mod related before, you haven't made that car. That's for sure.

I'll take a look in the google 3D warehouse.

EDIT:

Oh well, I found it. I searched "Dodge Charger Dubai"

j9pjsz.jpg

Edit2:

P.S. It only took me 1 minute to find.. pff, you made it too easy..