EM4 crashes to desktop

Init Network...

?Could not load campaign data

?Could not load awards.xml

?Could not open mod:Audio/Soundtracks/soundtracks.xml

?UIPage: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/IngamePage.xml'

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/popupdialog.xml'

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/ChatWindow/ChatWindow.xml'

Any phone software like Samsung PC studio? or codecs you manually installed?

Guest nikos166

Prior to installation I have installed VobSub, K-Lite codecs and Nokia PC Suite.

After the game installation I havent installed anything.

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/ChatWindow/Chatwindow.xml'

These xml files are not missing, they are at the mentioned folders...

Prior to installation I have installed VobSub, K-Lite codecs and Nokia PC Suite.

After the game installation I havent installed anything.

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/ChatWindow/Chatwindow.xml'

These xml files are not missing, they are at the mentioned folders...

You should remove the K-lite and nokia codecs. They interfere with the game.

Guest nikos166

You should remove the K-lite and nokia codecs. They interfere with the game.

I removed k-lite and nokia pc-suite and it works....

Many thanx to random person , stan and of course pyro...

Guest shadowdrifter1

Ok I am having the same problem except i play in free roam for awhile like 5 min and then it crashes to the desktop. The guy that made it said to put a "0" in place of something else but im not computer smart so I went to do the download that does it for u and its gone, can some1 find it for me or make a new 1?

Hello all... I am either really stupid or just can't understand what I need to do.

I have windows 7 on this computer (upgraded from vista) and from what I can tell all my drivers are up to date and I have tried the compatibility.

After doing the compatibility it starts but then cuts off right away.

Giving you my log files now.

DirectX is fine.

Thanks

Chip type: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 18:15:31, 3805184 bytes

Intel graphics are horrible. There not designed for real gaming at all. There design is for basic word processing surfing the net, etc. It does not have the features needed to play EM4. You can try to update your drivers:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

But in the end I believe your only option is buying a cheap video card.

Okay funny story... I downloaded the drivers (guess I needed new ones... thank you) got it to work... was playing the la mod for a while... then got confused so I opened the game to play the tutorial everything was running good... went back to play the LA mod... and now we are right back at the beginning... reinstalled the new drivers... no luck...

suggestions??

new log file and dxdiag uploaded

EDIT: Hmmm okay so I did some checking... and it is only with the LA MOD will it now run... it runs on the regular program... even if I go into the regular program and try to go to the mod it kicks me out... I have downloaded the patch and uninstalled it and reinstalled it... suggestions please.

Thanks so much guys.

Edited by squamishfire

No Winamp, WMP,etc are simply media players. Winamp comes with some codecs but nothing that would interfere with EM4. Lets see the only codec pack I can think of off hand is K-Lite, but theres a few others. I would try to uninstall the LA Mod(simply delete the folder in the 911 First Responders/Mod folder. Clear your cache and cookies in your internet browser. Now try to download the mod and reinstall the LA Mod.

Guest Drew316

Hi Everyone, i'm new here to the forum and i'm having some problems. I found out about this game a while ago and loved it and have been playing it ever since. Yesterday i came home from work and clicked the icon to play the game, the screen went dark like the game was starting and then it went back to the desktop. I have spent a lot of time since then reading about a lot of other people having the same issues.

Let me tell you about the computer i'm running this on. It's a Dell inspiron 4512 with windows vista 32 bit, single core 1.8ghz processor, 3gb of memory. I have gone through and updated my drivers. I have even uninstalled and deleted everything having to do with the game and reloaded and installed everything and i have the same problem. I find it weird because the game works on my old dell dimension 2350 but is painnfully slow.

Can anyone help me? I have not added a log file or diagnostic file because i don't know how. If someone tells me how, i can add one.

Edit: I have figured out how to include my directx diagnostic file and my log file...

DxDiag.txt

em4.cfg.txt