Guest nikos166

EM4 crashes to desktop

Hi Everyone, i'm new here to the forum and i'm having some problems. I found out about this game a while ago and loved it and have been playing it ever since. Yesterday i came home from work and clicked the icon to play the game, the screen went dark like the game was starting and then it went back to the desktop. I have spent a lot of time since then reading about a lot of other people having the same issues.

Let me tell you about the computer i'm running this on. It's a Dell inspiron 4512 with windows vista 32 bit, single core 1.8ghz processor, 3gb of memory. I have gone through and updated my drivers. I have even uninstalled and deleted everything having to do with the game and reloaded and installed everything and i have the same problem. I find it weird because the game works on my old dell dimension 2350 but is painnfully slow.

Can anyone help me? I have not added a log file or diagnostic file because i don't know how. If someone tells me how, i can add one.

Edit: I have figured out how to include my directx diagnostic file and my log file...

Thats your cfg file not your log file. We need a logfile.

I did notice this:

Mobile IntelĀ® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

These graphics chipsets are not usually meant for gaming and almost always a problem with EM4.

Hi all new here Finn Rescues 12 great game but playing old systems not fun at all slowwwww. I need help with possible in stalling the Los angles mode and is possible on old computer. It will not install into the EM 4 mod installer. I probably need win WIN ZIP I have included my Log file and dxdiag file. Yes a new game system would help a lot but at this time I can not afford one thanks...

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Avoiding cross- and multi-postings

The creation of multiple topics or posts with the same Question/request/comment in one or several forums is not tolerated on our message board. Only the quality of the post determines if you get attention or not. Besides, if there is no one who knows an answer to your problem, there is no reason to bump or post your topic over and over.

Sorry I am new to the site, instead of you chastising me. Be a good person and point in the right direction. If not shut your yep if not going to help.

Chastising? All I did was copy and paste the text from the rules page. Making smart ass remarks when some one is helping you(by informing you of the rule) and you smart off, why would you expect help?

Try the default config file and do not edit it this time unless your instructed to. If you experience black bars on the side of the screen or something like that, then we can tell you how to edit it. If you need to change the resolution, do so via the in game options menu.

I tried the cfg file you posted, nothing changed.

Guest mypeople

I am a rookie here. I played this 911 first responders 2 years ago. But I cannot play it now because it crashed to desktop within one minute when I started playing it. I installed the French version of the game but the same thing happened. I uninstalled k-lite codec pack and many softwares concerning codec, but it doesn't work. I uninstalled the game, then installed it time by time, but I can't make sense of the error. Here are the log.txt and my dxdiag.txt. Anyone help me?

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

I am also having this problem just recently got em 4 deluxe tried to play and after the intro videos the game goes to desktop no message or anything i have updated my drivers and still not working and i checked my codecs as well and removed the ones that were bad. I can use the editor though which is weird.

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt

i have try search in my country but i never find this game

We do not offer technical support to illegal copies of the game, add in that you gave the link to the torrent that you downloaded it from your warning level increased... The fact that you can view the site that had your torrent on it tells me you could probrably LEGALLY buy it from one of the many retailers that run online direct to drive downloads for the game...