mutu

Game runs slow when units are selected

Hey!

Lately the LA Mod has been rather slow when I select a unit. The game runs perfectly until I select a unit and the game slows down with about 20 FPS. The only time this happend was when I played Winterberg Mod, but now it's in the LA Mod also!

I have a lot of submods installed, can that be the problem? Any help is appriciated!

Edited by mutu

I tried the game with only the patched version of LA Mod 2.0 and the AUS. The lag is still there but it's not as visible as before. I've tried to adjust the settings, but the game still drops with 10-20 frame when I select 3 units or more. I'll try to clean my PC and tell you how it goes.

Edited by mutu

I get this problem with a GTX275 .. not like really good, not when people have all these fancy £600 ATI cards, but it's like .. rendering a few commands buttons and a spinning dashed circle shouldn't decrease framerate that much!

I get this problem with a GTX275 .. not like really good, not when people have all these fancy £600 ATI cards, but it's like .. rendering a few commands buttons and a spinning dashed circle shouldn't decrease framerate that much!

Try this,... I opened my computer when I had this problem, and cleand the interior,... cleaned all dust, from motherboard, graffic card, hd, power supplay,... and now its running perfectly and smootley,..

post a DXdiag file

cause cleaning could help a bit(but that only makes a difference when you pc if overheating.

I rather think that either your memory is low, or drivers out dated(stuff like that).

But to know for sure, we need to know on what your playing(by DXdiag)

The computers are not the problem. Hoppah has said that he thinks that it's some sort of lagging script that causing the trouble. This is because when you select a unit, all of the scripts (commands) assigned to it will run so to find valid targets for the script. That's why if there's no fire on the map, the extingush command will be greyed out.

What someone needs to do is to remove commands one by one in the editor from a unit and then test that unit ingame until the unit doesn't cause lag anymore. We report which script is causing lag to Hoppah and hopefully he will try to fix the problem.

A note to however does this, make sure to back up your prototype folder/files so after you find the lagging script you can just replace the prototypes and all the commands will be back.

• Upvote 1

The computers are not the problem. Hoppah has said that he thinks that it's some sort of lagging script that causing the trouble. This is because when you select a unit, all of the scripts (commands) assigned to it will run so to find valid targets for the script. That's why if there's no fire on the map, the extingush command will be greyed out.

What someone needs to do is to remove commands one by one in the editor from a unit and then test that unit ingame until the unit doesn't cause lag anymore. We report which script is causing lag to Hoppah and hopefully he will try to fix the problem.

A note to however does this, make sure to back up your prototype folder/files so after you find the lagging script you can just replace the prototypes and all the commands will be back.

i would agree with you, but the guy said:

Hey!

Lately the LA Mod has been rather slow when I select a unit. The game runs perfectly until I select a unit and the game slows down with about 20 FPS. The only time this happend was when I played Winterberg Mod, but now it's in the LA Mod also!

I have a lot of submods installed, can that be the problem? Any help is appriciated!