Guest sondreen

[HELP/REQ] How to - Protest only in Freeplay / Seperate Protest-mission

Guest sondreen

I've searched on both protests, riots, demonstrations, everything! Tried reading the guides but my blonde brain could hardly understand anything!

I'm looking to do a simple thing, preferably disable every event except the demonstration, and make it happen OFTEN / or make it big.

How is this possible?

Ps. Already tried editting the fp_params_endless and freeplayparameters, didn't really work out;

- <EFPDemonstration>

<Enabled value="1" />

- <!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes

-->

<AverageFrequency value="1.0" />

- <!-- MaxDistance: in meter (max. distance between committer and victim)

-->

<MaxDistance value="300.0" />

- <!-- time till person becomes active gangster

-->

<MinDurationBetweenEventsOffset value="20.0" />

<MaxAttractRadius value="30.0" />

<MaxDemonstrants value="50" />

<MaxMolCockTime value="5.0" />

<MaxMolCockBurnChance value="30" />

<CalmDownTime value="60.0" />

<Worth value="8.0" />

<SupervisorStart value="ID_SUPERV_EVENT11" />

<SupervisorFinish value="" />

</EFPDemonstration>

What am I doing wrong? =(

Guest sondreen

Ah, I see.

I remember trying the same with the old freeplay-map, doh.

If anyone has a suggestion how to either make a mission or in some way have large riots, please tell me, I love controlling big protests!

Ah, I see.

I remember trying the same with the old freeplay-map, doh.

If anyone has a suggestion how to either make a mission or in some way have large riots, please tell me, I love controlling big protests!

I'm trying but's very difficult. I want something like emergency2 or 3, a football game that you have te deal with and a protest mars.

Guest sondreen

Would still love some help here people!

Basically, I'm restricted to the editor and the files within the specs-folder. Everything outside those is a total nightmare for me, can't understand a thing :<

Tried adding demoareas from 0 to 5, along with demotargets from 0-5 around the area, made sure all calls were enabled and placed both civilians and gangsters to spawn within demoarea 1 at the start of the game.

Result; Civilians got scared of the gangsters, running to the other side of the road, had to call Mass casualty, over ten units from PD and even the National Guard to help. Not one single call happened, not even the one that should come in automatically at the start of the game =(

Guest sondreen

Okay, but I still haven't figured out how to fix this.

I'm still looking to figure out how to make it happen more frequently, or possibly, turning it into a mission script.

I've used this program to make a mission script called protest.script, but how can I customize it to contain the demonstration, add a map and everything else necessary to do this?

I know I'm annoying, I just really want to make this :(

This might be more appropriate in the 'Alterations'-section, so if any moderator sees this I would love it if they could move it there!

-Many thanks, Sondre =)

The average frequency value needs to be far greater then 1 if you disable all other events. Try something like 50 or so.

Also make sure you edit all the freeplay files in the specs folder in exactly the same way.

Moved to alterations.

Guest sondreen

Tried it out, had the game running while I was eating dinner and not a single call appeared :<

What I had plotted it in (of course, in addition to putting every other enabled value on 0)

- <EFPDemonstration>

<Enabled value="1" />

<AverageFrequency value="50.0" />

<MaxDistance value="50.0" />

<MaxAttractRadius value="25.0" />

<MaxDemonstrants value="10" />

<MaxMolCockTime value="30.0" />

<CalmDownTime value="60.0" />

<Worth value="10.0" />

<SupervisorStart value="ID_SUPERV_EVENT11" />

<SupervisorFinish value="" />

</EFPDemonstration>

Tried it out, had the game running while I was eating dinner and not a single call appeared :<

What I had plotted it in (of course, in addition to putting every other enabled value on 0)

Are you sure you used the files from the correct specs folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Specs

Did you change all the freeplay parameter files for endless play (freeplayparameters.xml, fp_params_endless.xml, fp_params_endless_2.xml and fp_params_endless_3.xml)?